Friday, October 5, 2012

LOTV Birthday Card

Good Friday morning everyone.  It's a cool but beautiful day here in "my neck of the woods".  Fall is my absolute favorite season of the year, and the colors I so enjoy have been brilliant this past week!  I am not a fan of winter (too long!!), spring is too short (seems like only 3 or 4 days long in Michigan), and while I enjoy summer when it first arrives, and being warm again, I do not like 80 & 90 degree temps day after day after day!  My favorite colors are earth tones, so when the trees start turning, I am in my glory!  And every year I am amazed by what my Lord has created...He is truly a master artist and I am in awe!  I know I'm rambling a bit here, but I just wanted you all to know that my love of color is so inspired by God and I do thank Him for letting me see the beauty in color each and every day!


And now onto my card for today...it is another from one of my favorite stamp companies!  Lily of the Valley has been around for a few years now and they are located in England.  I happened to stumble across the very talented Bev Rochester's blog (All That I Love) who design's for Lily of the Valley, and have been in love ever since! :0)  Take a look:



This stamp is called "Never Too Old for Cupcake" and I have colored her with Copic markers and paired her up with DP from LOTV "Promise Pad".  I love the shades of lavendar and turquoise blues in this particular pad of DP!  If you click on the image, it's easier to see that she has been glittered up so she's quite sparkly.  I have added some lavendar tulle (from Michael's) and a little tag from PTI's "Tiny Tags" set.  I also used a Provo Craft die to cut out the tulip embellishments in the corners and a Stampin' Up punch for the middle strip behind the image.  I sponged lightly around the circle (Spellbinders die) with "Pool Party" ink from Stampin' Up and added a few half backed pearls to finish dressing it up.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you all back here next week.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: