Thursday, November 29, 2012

Blooming With Kindness

Good morning friends.  I'd like to share a birthday card today that I made for my good friend Sue who celebrated another birthday this past week (Happy Birthday again Sue!!).  I used a stamp on her card that I had never noticed in the SU catalog until just recently, and then because other people started using it, it was one of those "why haven't I seen this before?!!" and "I NEED that stamp!!!"  The day I decided that I "NEEDED" that stamp, my SU demonstrator announced that this stamp was on sale and could be purchased as a single stamp (versus the whole set), so it was like a sign, right?!!  (Thanks Steph!!)  Anyway, here is the card:



I just love how dramatic this flower looks and can't believe I passed it over in the catalog SO many times!  I started by inking up the stamp in SU's Pumpkin Pie, then took a tissue and rubbed off the ink around the edges and the stem.  I then lightly added SU's Melon Mambo around the edges and a quick dab in the center, and then a little SU's Old Olive to the stem.  I lightly misted the stamp with water before stamping the image directly onto SU's First Edition dp.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but after stamping, I sprayed some Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold on the image to give it a little shine.  I cut the image down the center both horizontally and vertically, so that I ended up with 4 2" squares, and then mounted those to a piece of black cs, and then layered it again with a piece of SU's Melon Mambo cs.  I attached these layers to a layer of SU's Very Vanilla cs that I had run through my Cuttlebug with a Happy Birthday embossing folder (Lifestyle Crafts). and then added all the layers to a Melon Mambo card base.  I added a simple sheer ribbon (Michael's) around the bottom, and it was done.  I have had so much fun playing with this image, and will share more cards with it down the road.

Thanks for stopping by today and I'll be back tomorrow with some more Christmas inspiration.  Have a great Thursday friends!

3 comments:

Sue said...

The picture doesn't do it justice. The card is beautiful! Thank you!!!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Love it, great stamp!