Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Good morning friends.  I'm back with another "fall" feeling card today.  It was inspired by a card from a post last week on Dawn Griffiths site (Dawn's Stampin Thoughts). So yes, this is a CASE'd card, but with my spin on it.  Take a look:


Dawn used a few more colors in her card, where I kept mine a little more muted.  This was such a fun technique to do and SO easy! (Thanks Dawn!!)  You use 3 layers (well, technically 6) of a light colored card stock (I used SU's Very Vanilla) and put a small dab of adhesive on the backs of the top 2 layers to hold all 3 layers in position while you stamp on it.  I used an older leaf stamp from Inkadinkado and randomly stamped with SU's Raspberry Ripple.  I then inked up the same leaf stamp with SU's Melon Mambo and stamped off so I would have a more muted shade before I stamped onto the card stock.  Once you finish stamping, you simply pull the 3 layers apart and then re-layer them with a darker shade (SU's Raspberry Ripple) card stock, making sure to line up the leaves before you put the card together. (Hope that makes sense, but if not, go to Dawn's site where she has a fabulous video on how to do this!)  I finished my card by adding a ribbon (Michael's) and the "happy, happy, joy, joy" sentiment from PTI's "Blooming Button Bits" stamp set.  I also used a small leaf on the oval with SU's Melon Mambo stamped off again and also a small diamond dot for some bling! :0)  (The small leaf is a SU stamp that I received when I first started stamping and my demonstrator then used to pass around this big jar filled with small stamps for anyone who had placed an order to pick from...I have quite a collection of these "small" stamps, so you can see that my addiction started quite a long time ago!!)

I'll be back with another birthday card tomorrow (November is a BIG birthday month in my family!), so until then "Rejoice! This is the day the Lord has made!"   

1 comment:

Kathy said...

So pretty, Marcia! Thanks for sharing.