Friday, November 9, 2012

Telling Santa

Good morning friends.  I have a card today that brings back memories of taking our girls to see Santa when they were younger.  I don't know about your pictures of these times, but most of ours are pictures of the girls looking either scared to death or crying!  They couldn't wait to go see him each year, but once we got there....  Too funny when I think about it now! :0) 



This card has quite a few layers, but it actually went together quite quickly!  I started with a card base of SU's Real Red card stock and then layered it with Very Vanilla which had been stamped with a SU background stamp called "Script" stamped in Real Red ink.  I used another SU background stamp called "Victorian Lace" that I stamped with the Real Red ink on Real Red card stock, and then tore to fit the left corner of the card (gives it a more vintage feeling).  I then stamped the image ("Telling Santa" by Paper Inspirations stamp company) with black Stazon ink on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock.  I layered the image with another piece of Real Red cs, and then layered again with a piece of SU's Garden Green cs.  After attaching this layer to the card base, I added a piece of green grossgrain ribbon (Michael's) and 3 black brads on the left side. 

Well, that's all for today friends.  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll be back with you again next week with some more Christmas inspiration!  And remember to slow down enough to find the joy in each day...especially durring this upcoming holiday season! :0)

No comments: