Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Embroidered Blooms Birthday

Good morning friends.  I'm back with the promised birthday card using PTI's "Embroidered Blooms" stamp set.  I find myself going back to this set over and over again, as you can get so many different looks just from the placement of the stamps, using different colors, and then the different sentiments included in this set...VERY versatile!  Take a look:


I started with a white card base, and then stamped the leaves first, using the stamp off method to get the two toned hue with SU!'s Old Olive ink.  I used SU!'s Raspberry Ripple and Pretty in Pink to create the 2 larger flowers at the top and bottom of the card, and then SU!'s Plum and Pale Plum to create the smaller flowers with a touch of So Saffron in their centers.  After stamping the sentiment (same PTI set), the card still seemed to "need" something, so I decided to trim around the edge, and really liked that look, but it didn't show up well when the card was closed, so I added a strip of Old Olive cs to the inside edge. Here's another view:


It's a little easier to see the cut edge with the card open a bit.  I like the delicate look to the cut edge...makes the card a little more feminine.

Thanks for stopping by today and hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.  And if you're reading this June, have a wonderful, wonderful birthday...love ya! :0)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Have a great birthday, June! Beautiful card!

Kay Miller said...

OH this is very very pretty! I have had my eye on this set, but wasn't sure whether I wanted it or not. You have totally won me over with this card! Beautiful work!

Marcia Hill said...

Thanks so much for the kind words Kay! Hope you enjoy this set as much as I have...it's a great one! :0)