Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Watercolor Challenge

Hello again!  Just a quick post with a card I made for PTI's challenge today using watercolor technique.  I wasn't going to post this card, as I wasn't really sure I liked it when I finished it, but it's been growing on me durring the day.  So anyway, here it is:


I used PTI's "Quilled Ellegance" stamp set and embossed the images in silver first, and then used my aqua pen to add Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Only Orange, & So Saffron (all SU!) ink.  I stamped the sentiment in Melon Mambo and added a Melon Mambo ribbon to finish the card.  I think what bothered me about the card was all the white space, but the more I look at it, I think the design is busy enough that anything else added would have ruined the card.  I like the brightness of the card and I'm sure someone will enjoy receiving it! :0)


2 comments:

Colleen said...

What a pretty card...I think that stamp sets lends itself to this technique!

Kristii said...

Sooo pretty!! I love the colors that you used!!