Monday, March 18, 2013

Hello

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  I saw my first robin yesterday, so even though the weather is showing a big snowstorm headed our way later today, I'm going to stick with the robin and hope spring really is on the way! :0)

My card today also looks like spring and is a CASE of PTI's Melissa Bickford's card, which can be found here - http://justdandy.typepad.com/just_dandy/ .   I love Melissa's clean and simple style with bright and fun images, and here's my take on her card:


Doesn't it just make you smile and think spring?!  I started with a Certainly Celery (SU!) card base, and then used the small circle stamp from SU!'s "Simple Shapes" (retired) and stamped halfway up to create the background.  I used PTI's "Flower Fusion #5 & #11" stamps for the flowers (Certainly Celery, Pink Passion, & Cool Caribbean - SU!) and a scrap of pink dotted design paper to cut out the "Hello" (PTI die).  I matted this layer with more of the pink design paper and then added a small dotted swiss pink ribbon (Michael's) and a turquoise blue button (SU!) at the side to finish the card.  I love how it turned out and it just plain makes me smile! :0)

That's all for today friends.  Have a wonderful Monday and keep thinking positive thoughts about spring...it WILL come! :0)
    

No comments: