Monday, March 25, 2013

Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend!  Another wedding shower and NO snow, so it was a great weekend for me! :0)  Today I'm sharing another birthday card (all 3 of our daughters birthdays are 6 weeks apart) and also using it for the monthly blog hop over at Papertrey Ink.  The challenge this month was to use sequins, and while you won't see many of them on my card (only 3 to be exact!), they do add a nice little "bling" to the card!  Take a look:


I know, I know.....there's NO stamping on this card!!  It was just one of those cards that came together using dies, and didn't need anything else.  And even though I'm not showing the inside of the card, I did stamp the sentiment, so technically, it is still a hand stamped card!  The "hello" and "birthday" are both PTI dies, and the letters for "girl", were cut using my Cricut.  The flower was die cut using PTI's Beautiful Blooms and the leaves are from PTI's Limitless Layers die (Melissa Phillips did stitching on felt leaves on one of her projects and I loved it!!).  The blue designer paper is BoBunny, and the rest is just scraps from my scrap pile.  The ribbon is SU!'s Melon Mambo and the 3 sequins are from one of the girls school projects from who knows when....  

I'm sure there will be many cards from this challenge that will have LOTS of sequins, and hopefully I'll get inspiration from them!  For now though, I like the way this card turned out with my 3 little sequins! :0)  Thanks for stopping by and taking a look, and I'll be back later this week with another birthday card and a "car" card.

7 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

Love your gray/pink/yellow combo! What a happy card : )

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia so pretty and i love that you used sequins to dot your 'i's'.

Leigh Penner said...

Great mix of patterned paper! What a great way to incorporate the sequins into your project!

Carolanne said...

Love the gray with pinks and yellow. So pretty!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very pretty!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way you used the sequins & terrific use of patterned papers!

Kristii said...

Way fun!! Love all the colors and the flower is fabulous!