Friday, June 14, 2013

Make it Monday #120 - Overlapping Ombre

Good morning friends.  Just a quick post today.  Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday challenge was a perfect one this week for me to try out last months release of Polka Dot Parade #3.  Nicole challenged us to use a overlapping ombre pattern on our card, and the "RELAX" sentiment from the stamp set seemed a perfect place to start.  Take a look:


I started with SU!'s Soft Sky ink, followed by Marina Mist, and then Night of Navy.  I added the rest of the sentiment in Night of Navy also, and then stamped the recliner and footrest in Night of Navy too.  I fussy cut those 2 pieces and then used pop dots to make them stand out a little.  I finished with a strip of navy cs that I ran through the Chevron embossing folder first, and then tied a piece of bakers twine (The Twinery) and button around that.  Very quick and easy and all in my hubby's favorite color! :0)  Had to take a picture of the inside too...if any of you have dogs you'll appreciate this:



As soon as Chris goes to sit down, there's always a dog or two that beats him to the seat! :0)  The dog stamp came from a SU! set - "Loads of Love - Accessories".

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and thanks for stopping by...I love it when you do!

1 comment: