Monday, July 22, 2013

Kraft or Old Olive???

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend!  Still a little too warm here for my liking, but better than snow anytime!!  Started to do some cleaning in my craft room, and got a little distracted with the window dies and brick embossing folder that were still laying out from last weeks "Calm Seas" card.  Needless to say that my desk is still a mess, but good things do come out of messes sometimes...like more Christmas cards! :0)  Figured this would be a good one to enter into Merry Monday's July "Anything Goes" challenge:



I actually came up with 2 cards that are exactly alike except for the color of the Cheery Lynne "Holly" die that I used, because I couldn't decide what color I liked best.  I'll let you guys decide at the end of this post with my very first giveaway, so make sure you read till the end! :0)  Take a look at the first one:


I sponged the brick part with SU!'s Cranberry Crisp ink first, and then added Cherry Cobbler ink on top of that.  The top part was embossed with SU!'s striped ef and sponged with Crumb Cake ink.  The pine trees (SU!'s "Lovely as a Tree") were embossed with white embossing powder, and then I sponged Old Olive ink around them.  I traced the window die around the tree image and then glued the two together.  The "winter wishes" is from PTI's Fillable Frames #9 and stamped on a Spellbinders frame die cut from kraft cs and again sponged with Crumb Cake ink.  I stamped a piece a scrap kraft cs with SU!'s "Weathered" background stamp (retired) and then used my Cheery Lynne "Holly" die to cut it out and place on the card.  Then came the part where I couldn't decide if it blended in too much with the card, so I added some very small red half backed pearls, but.....are you feeling my dilemma here yet?  Soooooooo, on to card #2:


The Old Olive green definitely pops a bit more doesn't it?  I definitely thought this was going to be the one, but I kept straying back to the kraft holly die one!  Which one do you like better?


I can't decide, so I thought I'd have a little contest here to see what my readers think.  Leave me a comment here on my blog (NOT a facebook comment please) about which one you like better, and Friday morning (26th) I'll pick a random winner to receive that card. (I know it's not much compared to some of the "blog candy" that some bloggers post, but hey, start small and work your way up, right?!!)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope you all have a wonderful Monday.  And if you're interested in getting a head start on your Christmas cards, don't forget to check out Merry Mondays July challenge site, as there's LOTS of inspiration there!  ( http://alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.com/)
   

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Tough choice...but I will go with the Old Olive green one! Both cards are lovely.

Unknown said...

I loved the first one until I saw the second one. Old Olive gets my vote.

Benzi said...

I really like both. At first, I thought Kraft but when I enlarged your double photo, I guess it is the Old Olive that I like best. Very pretty!

Sue said...

Old olive. Pretty cards!

Hazel said...

I saw your lovely Christmas card on Always playing with paper Merry Monday - you might also like to enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

Narelle Farrugia said...

Both cards are gorgeous, but I love how the old olive stands out that little bit more! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!