Friday, July 12, 2013

MIM#124 Dressed Up Envelopes

Good morning friends.  I'm playing along with Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday challenge this week, which is to dress up an envelope to match along with your card.  On Monday this week I posted a card I had made for my girlfriends birthday using PTI's "Strawberry Patch" stamp set, and today I'd like to show you the envelope I made to go with the card.  Take a look:


Since I am going to hand deliver the card, I figured I could decorate the envelope as much as I wanted and not have to worry about it going through the mail!  I started by computer generating my girlfriends name, and then used PTI's "Boutique Borders: Thanks" stamp set to stamp the border around her name (SU!'s Regal Rose ink).  Since I didn't buy the coordinating die, I did have to fussy cut the label out.  Next I used PTI's "Strawberry Patch" stamp set to decorate the envelope to match the card.


My ink colors used were SU!'s Pool Party, Regal Rose, & Primrose Petals.  I also added a little bling and the birthday sentiment banner (SU!) to dress it up even a little more.  I love how it all turned out and know my girlfriend will really like it too! 

This really was a lot of fun to create, and if you are hand delivering a card, why not dress up the envelope?!  One of my very first SU! demonstrators used to decorate all her envelopes with at least a small stamp in the corner, and told us that it's not cool to send a "naked envelope"!  I'm thinking if she's still stamping, she would have loved this tutorial!  Make sure you check out Melissa Phillips video and her stunning envelope, and all the rest of the great entries at http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a great weekend.   

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Beautiful envelope and card!

Helen F. said...

Sweet card and matching envelope, Marcia. Pretty color combination too :)