Monday, October 28, 2013

Frightening Feline

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for this Halloween week!  They're predicting rain and high winds on Thursday in my "neck of the woods", so I'm getting a little nervous I won't get to see all the little kiddies in their costumes!  I love to see the excitement on the faces of the 3-5 year olds who understand what it's all about, (candy of course!!) and also the 1 - 2 year olds that don't get it at all, but are just so darn cute!! :0)   Anyway, have some Halloween cards to post this week, and my card today is another file folder card (made with SU!'s new Envelope Punch Board).  Take a look:



I wish I could tell you the cardstock color and design paper I used, but both came from my scrap bin.  The piece of design paper I used didn't have the manufacturer printed on the scrap, and although I know the pinkish purple cardstock color is SU!, I'm guessing it might be retired, because that was the only piece I had.  (Any idea's Steph?)  I used SU!'s "Frightening Feline" with black ink for my stamped image, and then added a couple google eyes and some glitter all around the circle (Spellbinder) edge.  I also used SU!'s spider web embossing folder for the little strip between the front and back of the folder.  Foe the insert, I used a piece of textured gray cardstock, and stamped the sentiments with PTI's "Sweet Treats" stamp set.  I finished with a black grosgrain ribbon.  These file folder cards are SO easy and fun to do!  I sent a few of them back to school with my youngest for her and her new friends, and she texted me last night to say they were a big hit! :0)  (I also sent treats, but I'll save that for my post on Halloween day!)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and have a wonderful Monday! :0)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Cute Card, Marcia! I think the color is Orchid Opulence or possibly Lavender Lace.