Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Festive Friday Challenge #21 - Color Challenge

Good morning friends.  Playing along with the last Festive Friday challenge for the year, and it's a color challenge that I am in LOVE with!!


My card is a very CAS one, and very happy with the way it turned out.  Take a look:


I used SU!'s "Warmth and Wonder" stamp set for the tree and embossed it with white embossing powder so it would stand out again the Pool Party background.  I added red Stickles for the ornaments (click on the picture to enlarge it and you can see the sparkle a lot better!).  I used a Quickutz embossing folder for my white layer to add some visual interest, and then finished with a red with white polka dot grosgrain ribbon (the ribbon is a much deeper red IRL, but photographed very bright...grrrrr!!).  This would be a quick and easy card to mass produce. 

BIG thank you to all the gals at Festive Fridays for inspiring me to get started on my Christmas cards early this year...I am thrilled to say I have more than enough to send out already!  (Now the big question is though, will I get them mailed out in time?!!)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! :0)

2 comments:

Ardyth said...

OH, PRETTY! Love the tree in white with the red pops of colour! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I can't help you with the getting them mailed part... that's where I struggle too! But I am so glad joining in the challenges lifted the stress of holiday cards for you! Love this one, and what a cool embossing folder! Good to see you playing with us again, and I look forward to seeing you for our final one next week!