Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Festive Friday Challenge #24

Good morning friends.  More snow expected here later today, so it sure feels like a good reason to show another Christmas card!  Not that I need a reason mind you...I could make Christmas cards every day and be perfectly content!! :0)  Anyway, here's the inspiration photo for this weeks card at Festive Fridays:


Isn't that a pretty photo?!  I don't know where Meredith finds these, but I'm loving them!  This photo reminded me of a piece of design paper I had left over from my oldest daughters wedding album, and so that was my starting point for my card this week.  The design paper is actually of pearls, but I think it was the coloring of them on the paper that inspired me to make this card...take a look:


Isn't that background paper SO pretty, and doesn't it remind you a bit of the inspiration photo?  I thought it was a perfect starting point!  I used a very old SU! set "Miracle of Christmas", and embossed using gold and silver on vellum of the mother and child image.  I used a Floral Oval (Spellbinders) die in kraft cardstock and then used another plain oval die to cut out the center so I had a frame to use over the vellum stamped image.  I embossed a little pennant banner in gold with the sentiment, and then added a couple gold sequins.  I think the hardest part of this card was cleaning all the tiny bits of leftover cardstock out of the floral oval die!  TIP:  using wax paper (thanks Stephanie!) when cutting out with small or intricate dies makes them remove much easier!!

Between the designers and all the participating stampers, there is an incredible amount of inspiration over at Festive Fridays, so check it out and play along to get a head start on next Christmas's cards...you'll be glad you did!

That's all for today but I'll be back with more inspiration later this week.  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a terrific Tuesday! :0)

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Marcia, this card is stunning...you have captured the colors perfectly and that image is beautiful! Well, done! another fabulous Christmas card!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous colors, Marcia!

Irish Cherokee said...

Anyone would be happy to get this Christmas card. Beautiful.

Sue said...

This card is so elegant. Love it!

Geri said...

BEAUTIFUL, Marcia…such an elegant look for us at Festive Friday!!! Thanks for joining in again!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Pinterest, my friend! Unfortunately, a lot of them don't have proper sources, which is a bummer. Don't put "Christmas" into the search bar unless you have many hours to spare! I have a secret board full of beautiful images for the challenge blog, and the ladies all raved about the year's images to come, so I know you'll keep on loving them!

Your paper works perfectly with the image, and I love your embossed focal point. I am excited that you're so enthusiastic about making cards all year - I used to think I was the only one, but it's so fun to find so many others!!