Thursday, July 10, 2014

Merry Monday #116 - Shades of Green and White

Shades of green called out to me to use the baby wipe technique again for this weeks Merry Monday challenge.  Although I learned you need to use a more solid image to really bring out the beauty of this technique, I do like how my card turned out.  Take a look:


I used the twig wreath from PTI's "Wreath for All Seasons" and my stamp pad (baby wipe) is made up of Gumball Green, Old Olive, & Certainly Celery re-inkers. (clicking to enlarge the photo will help you see all the colors better)  I used the same stamp pad for my background with a Tim Holtz "Bubble" stencil.  The sentiment is from PTI's "Rustic Wreath" stamp set.

 

You can check out all the other cards and get all the info needed to play along right here .

Thanks so much for stopping by and make sure to come back tomorrow...I have a fun card to share using PTI's "On the Farm" stamp set.  Who knew a little old city girl like me would end up lovin a set like this?!!!  :0)

12 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Really nice card Marcia. Clean and very nicely done. The stitching really makes the card stand out.

Colleen said...

Sometimes less is more...and this white and green is just enough, don't you think? Beautiful card, Marcia!

Unknown said...

Great card Marcia. I love the stencil work you did and the wreath with the pearls is just beautiful.

Fabiola said...

superbe et très élégante, biz

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful wreath, Marcia! The baby wipe technique worked perfectly for this! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Wendy said...

So pretty, Marcia! This wreath is perfect for this week's challenge! Love your background too! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

LeAnne said...

LOVE this, Marcia! One of my favorite PTI sets and SO pretty in all the greens! Thanks for playing with us this week at Merry Monday!

Marie Bingaman said...

I think the technique made for a gorgeous card! :)

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

BEAUTIFUL!! I always forget about the baby wipe technique and you did it perfectly! Love that vine wreath! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous card, Marcia! I really like your stencil background and that wreath is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxoxo

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Marcia, your card is so fine-looking. I also love PTI wreath, but I've never stamped it in greens. Great idea!

Sue said...

This card is beautiful. I love the wreath and the stencil background with the baby wipe effect. So very pretty. LOVE!