Friday, July 11, 2014

On the Farm

Just a quick post this morning, but wanted to share a really cute (IMHO!!) card I made with Papertrey Ink's "On the Farm" stamp set. 



I'm loving the stenciled look for backgrounds, but I'm guessing everyone else is too, as I'm having a hard time finding the stencils at my local craft stores!  I wanted to use a "chicken wire" stencil for my background on this card but could only find the "honeycomb"...oh well, close enough!  I do love the soft and vintage-y look it gives a card!  After stamping the sunrise scene in Harvest Gold and Simply Chartreuse inks, I cut it apart and pop dotted the bottom section and also the rooster to give some dimension.  Here's a closer look:


I stamped the rooster lightly in Baked Brown Sugar ink, and then inked just around the edges in Soft Suede ink (and Cherry Cobbler for the head).  Added some Dazzling Diamonds to some of the sun bursts, but it's kind of hard to see unless you enlarge the photo.  Stamped the cow the same way as the rooster, but also used my Aqua Painter to add the "splotches" to his body to make him look a bit more realistic.  Fun, fun card to make, and can't wait to make some more! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.  We're painting this weekend....well, I should say the hubby is painting and I'm directing! :0)  Just re-doing the basement and a bedroom that we just did a couple years ago, but I didn't like the color after we got it up...Chris says this is absolutely the LAST time, so I better have the color right this time!  I do...going with the same color as I have on the main level and I love that!  Just a beige (Behr's "Cup of Cocoa") neutral that I can accent with ANY color! :0) 

4 comments:

Sue said...

Very cute card. I love the sunburst! The honeycomb looks like chicken wire. I love it!!

LeAnne said...

Love this one too, Marcia! I am a farm girl, so it speaks to me!

Greta said...

Wonderful background & great card!

Kathryn A said...

Wonderful card! This stamp set has been on my wish list forever, and now they're sold out! You're making me want it even more!!