Friday, August 15, 2014

Merry Monday #121

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Merry Monday challenge, and this is one of those cards I debated about for a few days on whether I would even enter it...it's just one of those cards that started out SO different in my head!  It is EXTREMELY clean and simple, and I think that is what bothers me about it (I have a hard time with "white" space and usually want to fill it all up!!).  But I decided to show it to you anyway, as hey!, it's one more card to add to my growing stash, and someone will enjoy receiving it!


I started with the sentiment from PTI's "Think Big Favorites: #21" and then added the little pine sprig and pinecone from SU!'s "Lovely As A Tree" with Handsome Hunter (retired) and Early Espresso inks.  It's hard to tell from my photo, but the layer behind the top is Handsome Hunter cardstock, so the card does show a little more green IRL.  I added the only plaid ribbon I have and a few sequins to finish it.



There's still a couple days to play along yet, and lots of beautiful inspiration to check out all right here .

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :0)

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love Handsome Hunter and will be so sad when mine is all gone! I LOVE the way you stamped the tiny pine sprig on the sentiment and all that white space! Such a pretty card! I'm so glad you shared it with us at Merry Monday!

Marybeth said...

I love it! I love how you used just a small pinecone with branch...just enough and the sequins are beautiful. I am glad you posted it. Sometimes when I post a card I don't like myself...everyone else does....

Wendy said...

I'm so glad you entered your card this week, Marcia! This is gorgeous and I for one LOVE all the white! I'm especially loving the plaid ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

CAS perfection, Marcia! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

chrissy xx said...

I LOve this CAS card Marica..
So pretty with the small pinecone, sentiment and this delicious bow..
A Fab take on the Challenge.
Chrissyxx

Stampingcountry said...

Cute card! The CAS design is refreshing.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I just love the simplicity of this card with the clean look and all of the white space! Thanks for playing Merry Monday with us this week!

Notes by Nina said...

Fantastic CAS card Marcia, I love the layout to. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Sue said...

I love this CAS design! Just beautiful! Glad you were able to find some plaid ribbon.

Susan Joyce said...

Delightful CAS Christmas card Marcia. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday.