Sunday, August 24, 2014

SAF 2014 - Mock Mosaics with Lizzie Jones

Hi all!  Didn't have near enough time yesterday or today to play along with Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-Faire challenges, but I did manage to make 2 cards.  The one that surprised me the most that I liked was the "Mock Mosaics" with Lizzie Jones.  I did not get the Stamp-a-Faire kit that had the mosaic die, and I do not own any embossing paste, so I had to come up with my own way to create the look. 


 
I stamped Rosie Posie in Harvest Gold, Orange Zest, Limeade Ice, and Simply Chartreuse inks first nd then cut into pieces.  The hardest part was placing the pieces back in place symmectricly, so that took awhile.  Because I wasn't using a stencil, I needed a way to fill in the spaces between the tiles, and ended up using Glossy Accents.  It's by no means perfect, but hey, sometimes you just have to let loose and try different things! :0)  It was still a fun technique to try and I do like the bright colors on the card! :0)

There's still one more day to play along, so check out Lizzie's great video tutorials and all the other entries right here .

Thanks so much for stopping by! :0)     

2 comments:

Linda said...

Marcia, your Rosie Posie is beautiful. Love your colors.

Colleen said...

Great stamp set to use for this technique! wasn't it fun?