Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Make it Monday #178 - Back to School Easel Card

Good morning friends.  Quick post today as my oldest daughter is in labor, so hopefully by the end of the day (or sooner!!) I'll be a grandma! :0)

Erin Lincoln has a great video on Make it Monday this week on how to use a larger die to make an easel card.  Since my "baby" is in college now, I made my easel a "hello" card to send off to her.  Take a look:


I used the Tag Sale #8 die to cut out the bottom of the easel.  Stamped my kraft cs with a woodgrain stamp in Soft Suede, and then decorated the blackboard with "Wet Paint", "Background Basics: Super Chevron", and the apple die (PTI).  Added some bakers twine and a few candy dots to finish.

Loved all the cards yesterday that the senior design team at PTI did revisiting the "Harvest Berries" stamp set, so had to get mine out and play.


Wish I would have had a little more sunshine when I took this picture so you can see the sparkle and shine on this card, but it is what it is!  Used Orange Zest and Pure Poppy inks on the leaves, and the sentiment and dots are Soft Suede.

Make sure you check out Erin's video (and cute, cute card!!), and all the other entries on Nichole's blog right here .

Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I hope to be back soon with LOTS of pictures!!!! (hey, first time Grandma's get to do that!)

5 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

So excited for you! Please let us know. (Pix too, please and thank you!)
Darling card, did the same, made it a 'hello' card. Our nests are never really empty, are they.
Blessings!

Sue said...

Love both of these cards! Especially the easel card. Calla will love it! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear the details!!!

Birgit said...

Your cards are fabulous ~ both of them! Congrats on becoming a grandma!! Such an exciting time for you and your family. Sending you all my prayers!

Jenelle said...

I love the authentic look of your easel and the colors you chose. Your happy fall card is beautiful as well!

Linda said...

Great cards and we are anxious to hear about the new baby.