Thursday, September 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink September 2014 Blog Hop

Hello friends.  Playing along with the September Blog Hop at Papertrey Ink today, where we were given a beautiful photo as inspiration to follow.  I chose to use the new bookmark die and stamp set, along with "Mum's the Word" and "Polka Dot Basics" to create my card.  Take a look:


I stamped the flowers and leaves (Autumn Rose & Simply Chartreuse) on my card base first, and then laid the velum bookmark over the flowers and stamped them again on the velum.  I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the velum bookmark, and then flipped it over and embossed the polka dots in white on the bookmark.  I used the larger polka dots and versamark ink on the Marina Mist cs piece at the bottom of the card.  I finished by adding a seam binding bow (dyed to match using re-inkers), "Tiny Tags" die cut, and some of the rainstones that I just love adding to cards!  Here's a closer up view:


I'm bummed that you can't see it in the photo, but I also sprayed the whole card with silver Glimmer Mist, so IRL, the whole card sparkles!  Here's the inspiration photo:

Inspiration photo

Make sure you check out all the other beautiful cards over on Nichole Heady's blog right here .

Thanks so much for stopping by today and have fun blog hopping! :0)

20 comments:

Sue said...

so pretty...love all the details on this card! Just gorgeous!!!

Tonya said...

So soft and pretty!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful!

Birgit said...

This is stunning! I love how you double stamped the flowers on both the base of the card and the vellum overlay. I must try that!!

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, this is detail magic! Love the polka dots, colors (softer blues), seeing through the vellum, card shape, sweet tag and sentiment! Did I miss anything? Can you tell I'm smitten? Can't wait to break open those bookmark sentiments!

Darnell said...

This is an amazing design and a fantastic display of colors from the inspiration photo, Marcia! I love all the patterns and the vellum and that perfectly dyed seam binding bow! I can just imagine the whole thing shimmering! Hugs, Darnell

Sarah said...

So pretty, I love the choice of the bookmark die.x

Diana K said...

Love this! You put so many amazing details into this project, and it really paid off. Fabulous.

BethieJ said...

Your card is so PRETTY! Love how you used the bookmark die!!
Have a GREAT day!
Happy Hopping! :)

Helen F. said...

Oh Marcia, the patterns, the vellum, dyed seam binding bow...
WOW! So many layers and details on your beautiful card!

Annette Allen said...

oh my this is gorgeous..

Joyce said...

Gorgeous bookmark. I cannot wait for my die to arrive! I want to make one just like yours.

Kathryn A said...

This is really beautiful, and a very creative way to use the new bookmark ;)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card!!

Linda said...

Beautiful card Marcia. How is that new grandbaby doing?

Martha said...

WOW, Marcia, this is simply BEAUTIFUL!
I love it!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the died to match ribbon - great layers & texture on your card, Marcia!

StephH said...

Beautiful design, using the new bookmark die in vellum for the sentiment is genious! Love your take on the challenge Marcia!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Simply gorgeous!

3 Happy Crafters said...

Love all the different layers and details ... Wonderfully executed!