Monday, September 22, 2014

Thinking of You Dot

Good morning friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Busy putting our house back together after the window installs, and a trip to Chicago for a family wedding reception, so not much stamping time!  I do have a card to share though, for a friend from the stamp club I belong to that had a fall and needed surgery on her wrist.  And yes she's right handed, and that's the wrist she broke, so not much stamping for her either for awhile! :0(   Anyways, for whatever reason, Dot doesn't seem to want the SU! set called "Lovely As A Tree", which everyone else in the club owns and loves, so we all decided to send get well wishes to her using the Lovely As A Tree set...she's getting a good chuckle out of this!  Now if we can just get her on board with this classic stamp set!! :0)  Here is the card I sent to add to her collection:



I mean what's not to love about this set, Dot?!!  This was a really easy card to do too.  After stamping the main image in black, I used a little dotted flower stamp from an older SU! set (2001...seems like the stamp set was called Watercolor Garden, or something like that!) that I keep specifically to make leaves and grass on cards.  I stamped each tree with Gumball Green, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, and Hello Honey inks. (If you click to enlarge the photos, you'll see the tiny dots better!)  I added a sentiment and then a frame using Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangle die.  Finished the card by mounting it to a Hello Honey card base and then added a piece of hemp cord to the side.

All kidding aside, we hope you heal up quickly Dot, so you can get back to stamping soon!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you all have a wonderful Monday and first day of Fall! :0)

2 comments:

Sue said...

Love this card...and the stamp set. I can't imagine not owning it! I hope all the cards convince Dot to purchase it! I hope she does have a speedy recovery, too!

Irish Cherokee said...

Beautifully done. Love the color in the trees. Nice. - Jim