Thursday, May 7, 2015

Make it Monday #211 - Using Gelatos with Stamps

Hello friends.  Playing along with this weeks Make it Monday challenge where Melissa shows us how to use Gelatos to soften the look of our stamped flowers.  I've never used Gelatos before, so had to run to Michael's to get some, and I'm glad I did...really fun technique!  This is what I came up with:



I started with the Basic Bookmark #2 die and white linen cardstock, and then stamped my leaves in Limeade Ice ink (Bitty Bouquets) and my flowers in Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, & Lavender Moon inks (Beautiful Blooms).  I added a French script to the background in Smoky Slate ink and a couple pieces of washi tape to the top of the tag.  My "Smile" sentiment banner is from Reasons to Smile.  I used Background Basics: Gingham in Limeade Ice ink on the bottom of my card base, and then embossed the rest in a Cuttlebug dotted embossing folder.  I added a hot pink doily over the top of my card base before attaching the tag, and then finished my card with a few candy colored enamel dots and some bakers twine.

You can check out Melissa's beautiful card and video (and all the other entries) over on Nichole's blog right here.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

16 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia, this is just darling!!! Love how you used two floral sets to create these fun flowers. And, that script background! Yikes! I've just added a few more items to my ever growing wish list. Thanks for enabling!

walchowDesign said...

Lovely mix of the stamps and love the vibrant colours, Marcia!

Barbara said...

I love all of the texture behind the array of lovely flowers. Bright and colorful card! :)

Barb Kirkwood said...

Great choice of color and textures.

Kim M said...

A really lovely and bright card!

Linda said...

This is a beauty, Marcia. I may have to breakdown and get a pack of gelatos. I have resisted so far.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card that you have created here.

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Excellent Job Marcia! Once again you hit it out of the ball park. Beautiful array of colors...

Luanne said...

Fabulous! The doily makes everything just pop. Great take on this challenge!

Helen F. said...

Marcia, you really perfected this technique! I love the stamp sets, dies, layers and colors. It is sure to make the recipient SMILE :-)

Joyce said...

This is just wonderful, Marcia. You used that technique just perfectly, and your card is stunning. P.S.--my mom is named Marcia and spells it just like yours--whenever you leave me a comment and I see Marcia, I am confused for a split second, like--hey, what is my mom doing reading my blog, I hope I didn't say anything bad about my mom today. (tee hee)

Keri said...

Wow! Lots of lovely going on here! Pretty card. :)

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, I love this from start to gelato finish! Adore the bg, both of them, the embossed and the script. Your flower stamping is perfection on that sweet tag, and love the way you added the sentiment. And then that raspberry doily, perfect anchor for the tag!

Bonnie T. said...

Super pretty, Marcia! Love the gingham, the dots, and the flowers. Those little enamel dots added in the center of your flowers are so cute. I like the doily, too.

Kathryn A said...

This is terrific! Love the layers, texture and the softness that the Gelatos gave! This is a great technique, isn't it?

Sue said...

I don't have any Gelatos either, and I was wondering if you had any either. I almost texted you to ask...too funny!! Your card turned out beautifully. I love everything about this card! Beautiful as always! Happy Mother's Day!!!