Thursday, July 16, 2015

Birgit and Marcia's Mini Challenge

Hello friends.  Most of you that spend any time in blogland know that some of the kindest ladies can be found there.  Since I started my blog almost 3 years ago, I have been blessed by some of the greatest friendships, and one of my newer friendships is with the oh so kind and talented Birgit of Crafting While I Wait.  A while back I had posted a card HERE made with WPlus9"s Botanical Bunch stamp set, and explained that I had had the stamp set for quite a while but didn't quite know what to do with it once I got it.  I ended up making a very simple black and white (and gray) card with it that turned out really nice.  Birgit noticed it and sent me a link to the only card she had made with it (here), and admitted she wasn't quite sure what to do with the stamp set when she got it either.  Birgit suggested doing our own little mini challenge to reuse the stamp set again, and I loved that idea!!  I made one card last week, and although I like it, I ended up and made another one this week that I like even better! (I think this stamp set is growing on me!!)  I have been SO inspired by PTI's Vintage Linen's stamp set this week, and that was the inspiration for using the colors on this Botanical Bunch card.  Take a look:



These colors (Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Real Red, Perfect Plum, & Old Olive) were in a old tablecloth my mom had that I still remember (need to ask her if she still has this!!), and that is where the inspiration for this card came from.  I embossed the flower image in black, and then used my Aqua Painter to color in the flowers and leaves.  The scalloped card base is from a loooooooong time ago clearance bin at Michael's (I think).  Although you can't tell from the picture, I used some Wink of Stella on the little plum colored flowers...gives it a little sparkle IRL! :0)  The sentiment is also from WPlus9 called Hand Lettered: Hello.  I finished with a couple thin strips of Real Red and Bermuda Bay cardstock and a few enamel dots.  Really happy with the way this card turned out!

Here is the card I made last week:


I thought this one turned out pretty too, but I still think I like this weeks better.  I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush pens to color the flowers and leaves with, and also lightly outlined everything with a C1 Copic marker.  I also sprayed the heck out of it with Iridescent Gold Shimmer Mist, so under my OttLite it really shimmers! 

If anyone else has this stamp set out there, and would like to play along with our little challenge, just send Birgit and I a link...we'd love to see what you come up with!

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

5 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia, I just love both of these!! Your coloring on both of these is fabulous and I love the design on each of them. I love that you picked up on the vintage linens style for your first card. I must try some vintage linens too! So much inspiration here and I'm so glad we did the challenge. I'm enjoying this stamp set much more now, as well! Can't wait to figure out how we'll challenge each other next!

Linda said...

Marcia, these are absolutely gorgeous. I think this week's is my favorite too. The colors just pop.

Marybeth said...

Wow, Marcia these are both stunners! Love the flower sets you used. I can't wait for my new flowers to arrive from Papertrey Ink and I can't wait to see how you use yours. Let me know when you do...please!

Sue said...

Both cards are beautiful, as are Birgit's! I love the colors you used from your memory of your mom's tablecloth. If she still has it, maybe you will inherit that tablecloth. I like how the colors pop on the second card against the black! Just gorgeous!

The Paper Toile said...

I need to take coloring lessons from you. These are beautiful and so life-like.