Friday, August 14, 2015

Congratulations

Hello friends.  Just a quick post as I have a busy day and weekend ahead.  One of my very best friends son is getting married tomorrow and wanted to share the card I made for their wedding.  Take a look:



Their colors are a real light purple (like SU!'s old Lavender Lace) and gray.  Since I couldn't find my Lavender Lace pad, I cheated a bit and used the backside of the actual wedding invitation and stamped roses in versamark and white embossing powder using WPlus9's Coming Up Roses stamp set.  I stamped the leaves with Smoky Slate ink, and then fussy cut them and the roses out.  The little sprigs behind the roses and leaves are from WPlus9's Botanical Bunch.  I added a thin strip of gray and white striped paper and another thin strip of silver glitter paper to the left side and then finished with my sentiment (SU!'s Love & Laughter), a couple enamel dots, and some bakers twine that also came from the actual wedding invitation...nothing like re-using and re-purposing, right?!! :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!! :0) 

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Marcia, this is stunning! I love how you arranged the flowers and you added so much detail and depth to the card by stamping the sprigs, but then layering the leaves and roses! AWESOME card, my friend!

Linda said...

Gorgeous card Marcia. So cleaver of you to use the wedding invitation for those fabulous roses.

Birgit said...

Marcia, this is stunning! I love the purple flowers and agree with Linda on your clever use of the invitation. Have fun at the wedding!!

Colleen said...

Marcia, I was going to send you an email, but I couldn't figure out how to do it...not too computer literate...didn't understand the "circle" thing! I wanted to comment on your comment on my birthday card for STB!

Sue said...

This card is so beautiful (even more so in person). I love that you re-purposed the wedding invitation! Those roses are so pretty and I loved that you fussy cut them, too!