Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Create Along With Us - January 2016

Hello friends.  Playing along with PTI and their Create Along With Us today, and I was inspired by Danielle Flanders card using the Bold Blossoms.


I loved this simple card with the plaid paper and flowers using Dawn McVey's technique of stamping on kraft with white ink and then color.  But I think what I liked even more was the zig zag stitching on the seam binding ribbon!  Here's my CASE of Danielle's card using Vintage Linens:


Because I had colors in mind for my flowers and didn't have any matching plaid paper, I used Plaid Builders and Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, & Simply Chartreuse inks to make my own.  My sentiment is from Doodlie-Do.  And did you notice my lovely stitching on the seam binding ribbon?  I've never stitched with my sewing machine on a card before, but it was actually very easy and I love that look!

LOTS of great cards to be inspired by this month from the design team, and you can check it all out right HERE. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do! :0)

14 comments:

crafts by jeni jenne said...

Wow! Fabulous, Marcia! Vintage Linens is perfect for this design and your own stamped version of the plaid paper adds the perfect pop of color. Glad you tried sewing on your card, too easy not to do every once in awhile and it certainly adds a homespun feel!

Birgit said...

Oooh, I love this Marcia! You created a perfect plaid for these lovely vintage flowers! Love your card!!

Birgit said...

Oooh, I love this Marcia! You created a perfect plaid for these lovely vintage flowers! Love your card!!

Birgit said...

Oooh, I love this Marcia! You created a perfect plaid to go along with those beautiful vintage flowers. So lovely!!

Linda said...

So pretty Marcia.

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, you did Danielle proud! Your plaid is fab, and I love the stitching on the seam binding. Your flowers are gorgeous too!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Beautiful take on Danielle's card! Awesome job on the plaid background.

Nancy Guse said...

Marcia, your plaid is perfect along with your zig- zag stitching, beautiful card!

Keri said...

So pretty, Marcia! I love the white flowers on the kraft cardstock. :)

Amy Sheffer said...

So pretty! I love how the flowers turned out on the kraft!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So very pretty!

Helen F. said...

Marcia, I just love everything on your gorgeous card...from the color scheme to the beautiful flowers to your matching plaid panel and binding ribbon bow!

Betty Wright said...

Oh, my! I forgot I bought plaid builder. This is beautiful. Reminds me I need to use this set! Lovely design!

Kathy Mc said...

You created your own plaid, double stamped on Kraft and stitched on your card. Awesome work, Marcia, and perfectly inspired by Danielle's beauty. So did you use a special needle in your sewing machine? Would love to try this sometime.