Monday, May 16, 2016

CAS Mix Up - May 2016

Hello friends.  The challenge this month over at CAS Mix Up is to use embossing on your card.  I used the clear emboss resist technique with PTI's Botanical Blocks II.  Here's what I came up with:



After embossing, I blended on Wilted Violet and Mowed Lawn distress inks for the lilacs (which are in full bloom at my house and smell SOOOO good!!), and then blended Salty Ocean distress ink around the rest of the layer for my background.  I used my Aqua Painter to flick around water splatters, and then embossed my sentiment in white on a black strip.  CAS and I love how soft and delicate looking this card came out!  :0)



You've got a little over a week to play along with this challenge yet (closes May 24), so head on over and check out all the beautiful inspiration from Loll, Bonnie, and the design team, and then play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do!  :0)

6 comments:

Loll said...

So very beautiful Marcia. Your sponged colours are soft and delicate and add to the elegance of your card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful!

Linda said...

Beautiful Marcia, and of course I love the colors. So soft and pretty.

Bonnie said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Marcia! I love lilacs and you've done them proud! Love the blue surround with all that purple! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

nancy littrell said...

OMG Marcia, your emboss resist technique turned out beautifully! I love your heat embossed image and sponged background. So pretty. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh this is so pretty!