Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Make it Monday #248 - Ink Blending Through Die Cut Masks


Hello friends.  Playing along with Lizzie Jones and Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenge, where Lizzie shows us how to make a mask/stencil out of vellum using our dies. This was a fun and easy technique, and makes beautiful ink blended images.  I chose to work with butterfly images, and made my masks from the Life Is Beautiful set, and the Color Pop Butterflies set.  Take a look:


I used the new Amethyst Allure, Hibiscus Burst, Aqua Mist, and Hawaiian Shores inks for blending with my masks, and my sentiment is from Think Big Favorites: #24.  A few sequins and some bakers twine finished off my card.

You can check out Lizzie's video and beautiful card right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)

17 comments:

lainey said...

Marcia, I'm writing down your color selection because it's so Spring like looking! Lovely card butterfly card!

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, you're ink blending is flawless! Love the layout of butterflies to sentiment. And the sweet closure too, lovely!

Colleen said...

Amazing card, Marcia! Love your butterflies, they are just flying off the page and the colors are just gorgeous! Another winner!!

Linda said...

Marcia, you and I do think alike. Love your colors and card. Beautiful....

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Fabulous card Marcia! The design and choice of colors makes this card a standout.

Birgit said...

This is so pretty Marcia! I love, love, LOVE the colors you used!!

Kathy said...

Love the color and movement of the butterflies. A lovely card!

Brinda said...

Beautiful card! Love the colours you have used.

Sue said...

I just want Lizzie's video and was thinking about using the Life is Beautiful butterflies. Too funny. Very, very pretty card. I love your color choices...the butterflies are flying off the card! Superb!

The Paper Toile said...

Oh, what beautiful butterflies, Marcia! I love the colors you used...lovely!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Your card is so pretty Marcia.
I love the butterflies and the colors you chose!
So pretty!

Patti said...

Delightful!! I love the butterflies with this technique! ; )

Patti

Kelly said...

Marcia, your butterflies are beautiful! Gorgeous card.

Helen F. said...

Oh how lovely, Marcia! Your pastel blending is the perfect technique on these beautiful butterflies :-)

Skrater said...

What a beautiful card and I love your butterflies!!

Kathy Mc said...

Marcia, your soft and subtle birthday card is gorgeous. Love your ink blending choices. The button and twine tie it all together with the narrow black border and sentiment.

Joyously Noelle said...

What lovely soft butterflies! Mine kept getting darker and darker =)