Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Make it Monday #251 - Gradient Watercolor Die Cuts

Hello friends.  This week Dawn shows us how to add gradient watercolor die cuts to our cards for the Make It Monday challenge.  I used the Mighty Bloom Cover Plate which has been around for quite a while, but I finally just splurged and bought it last month...love it!  I'm not so sure my colors can be called gradient either, but I had saw a billboard (hey, I get my inspiration from all over!!) that used purples, reds, & oranges, and just really liked that color combination!  And this is what I came up with:


I started with coloring a piece of watercolor paper with my Zig markers, and after it was dry I used the Mighty Bloom Cover Plate die on it.  After gluing down the petals, I added a sentiment from Reasons To Smile and some bakers twine and a few Rainstones.  An easy card to make and so bold and bright!  Here is the piece I cut from and am going to save to make another card with:


Fun, fun!!  And still plenty of time to play along!  You can check out Dawn's great video and beautiful cards all right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)

20 comments:

Barb Kirkwood said...

Lovely colors! And you have the negative or positive (depending on how you look at it) for another beautiful card.

Nancy Penir said...

Something about those colors that screams 'summer'! And the depth of colors is amazing! Beautiful Marcia!

Barbara said...

Wow, the mighty bloom with the small sentiment is outstanding. I love this and I want to see what you do with the negative. Love the bright colors.

Colleen said...

Gorgeous and I can hardly wait to see what comes from the negative! Love your bright and bold colors!

Loll said...

Bright and fun Marcia. LOVE the colours and design. xx

The Paper Toile said...

Oh, great colors! I agree...save that gorgeous negative. Beautiful!

Maureen said...

So pretty! LOVE the negative die that was left over...it will make another gorgeous card!

Birgit said...

Marcia, the colors on this are so striking! I love this!! I'm hoping to get to play today...

Linda said...

Beautiful Marcia. Love the colors you used. And you have the negative to make another card.

Kathryn A said...

Wow! Love the pop of colours ;) Great choice!

Karen W said...

So pretty! I like your card.

paperkicks said...

Great card Marcia! Love those bold, strong colors!!

Diana K said...

A bold and beautiful card, Marcia. I love that colour combination and am thinking I will need to use it on one of my next cards, if you don't mind. P.S. Thanks for letting me know you feel the same way about your Zigs. Now I don't feel so all alone :)

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Great cards Marcia...I LOVE your bold color choices!
Love the design with Mighty Bloom!

lainey said...

I love seeing bright and bold colors! This card will definitely bring a smile to someone's face!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Beautiful Marcia! The negative is just as stunning. Can't wait to see the card you create wit this beauty.

victoria h said...

beautiful card-love the vibrant colours

Kathy Mc said...

Purples, reds and oranges for this bloom are stunning, Marcia! Sure put a smile on my face. Eager to see what you do with your beautifully inked cover plate. And, thanks for do faithfully commenting on my blog. 😀

Greta said...

After seeing the MIM video I added several coverplates to my wishlist--including this one! Absolutely gorgeous card, Marcia!

Sue said...

This turned out beautifully. I love the colors and where you found your inspiration. Just awesome