Friday, November 18, 2016

CAS Watercolour November

Hello friends.  Finally got a chance to put a card together for the CAS Watercolour November challenge, where Loll and Bonnie are asking for some "Text" to be used somewhere on your watercoloured card. 

 
And here's what I came up with:


I was looking for something when I found this watercoloured background in my stash (I wish I could remember what color inks I used, but I don't remember...something obviously in the green family and I also must have used some Perfect Pearls as there is quite a bit of shimmer to this piece.)  I used some Basic Gray ink to add the script to the background (SU!'s En Francais) and then added a Memory Box die cut (Blissful Bundle) and my die cut bird from SSS (Bird of Roses) that I heat embossed with copper.  I mounted this layer to a piece of black and then to a white card base.  I added a simple banner with the sentiment from PTI's Stained Glass set and also wrapped a bit of copper cording (SU!) around the edge of the banner to tie in with the bird.  Here's a closer up view of the background:


I wish you could see the shimmer from the Perfect Pearls, but I could not seem to capture it...grrrr!!  But anyway, I really like how this card turned out...it seems very busy to me though, so I hope it still qualifies as CAS?? 

There are some absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards from the DT and gallery to inspire you, and almost a week left to play along, so if you like watercolouring and mixed media, this is the challenge for you!  You can find all the info you need to play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!


5 comments:

Linda said...

Gorgeous background and beautiful card Marcia.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this should be framed, Marcia--just love it!

Loll said...

Very pretty Marcia. Love the combination of green, copper and white. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour. xx

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty background, Marcia, and I love your copper embossed bird! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Susan said...

Love the colour combination and your beautiful background. Great layering of the bird and foliage dies. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.