Thursday, November 17, 2016

Create Along With Us - November 2016

Hello friends.  Playing along with PTI's Create Along With Us, and once again, it was hard to pick just one project to re-create.  One of Kay Miller's cards really did stand out to me though, so I chose to try to re-create it.  Here's Kay's card:


And here's my card:


I water colored my background with Hibiscus Burst ink and then added my frame (Noted: A2 Scalloped Die Collection).  My leaves are from the Songbirds die, and then I stamped and die cut the Splits: Thank You using Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz inks.  (I substituted a "Happy Birthday" from Keep It Simple: Birthday for the "Thank You" that comes with the Splits set)  I did a little water coloring on the 3 flowers with my Aqua Painter and then finished with a few iridescent sequins.

There's still a few days left to play along...check it all out right HERE. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!



12 comments:

Birgit said...

Beautifully done Marcia! What a sweet card to be inspired by and your take on it is lovely!!

Diana K said...

So pretty, Marcia. You did a fabulous job on this CASE!

Vicki Finger said...

This is just gorgeous and pink is my favorite color!

Joyce said...

Amazing job on your card. I love all the pink and white, and you truly captured the spirit of the original.

Nancy Penir said...

You're card's amazing! Love that you picked anything 'Kay', and did her proud! Just gorgeous, Marcia. I want to case you!

Linda said...

Gorgeous, Marcia. Love the soft color of pink and the white.

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Beautifully cased Marcia!

Greta said...

Absolutely perfect case--love the Hibiscus Burst!

Cindy Beach said...

Maricia, I love the clean crisp lines of your beautiful card. And of course, the pink! Extending the pink panel beyond the frame is a great idea. It really draws the eye to your focal point.

victoria h said...

super pretty card- just like Kay's

Marybeth said...

Wow Marcia you sure did one amazing job recreating Kay’s awesome card! My goodness this is gorgeous!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Marcia, I could hardly tell the difference between your card and Kay's! FABULOUS job!