Thursday, November 3, 2016

Make It Monday #266 - That's A Wrap

Hello friends.  Lexi Daly is up for this weeks Make It Monday challenge and shows us a fun way to make our own hand stamped wrapping paper.  Back in the early 2000's when I was a newbie stamper I used to try to make my own with those wheel cartridges, and couldn't make a straight pattern to save my life!  I printed out Lexi's downloads and loved what I came up with!  Here's the finished 8 1/2 x 11 paper:


I used the sentiment from Think Big Favorites #21 and Scarlet Jewel ink, and the pine sprig and pinecone from Peaceful Pinecones with Simply Chartreuse and Dark Chocolate (stamped off) inks.  and here's my wrapped gift:


I used the Tag Sale #4 die for my tag with Scarlet Jewel cs and the same stamps and inks as the wrapping paper.  A few gold sequins and some dark red and gold cording finished up my sweet little package!  I really love the way this came out and will definitely be doing some more of it for my smaller gifts! 

You can check out Lexi's great video and bright and beautiful packages all right HERE, and then play along.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)

 

16 comments:

Birgit said...

This is such a pretty wrap, Marcia and so perfectly stamped and aligned. The matching tag is fabulous too! What a fun gift ensemble!!

lainey said...

Marcia, your wrap is so pretty and looks like it came off a roll of store bought! What a good combination of stamps and colors on this.

Vikki H said...

Very pretty and your tag completes the pkg!

Loll said...

Awesome job Marcia. Your wrapping paper and matching tag are beautiful!! I remember using those wheel stamps ... I'm with you, couldn't get a straight line for the life of me! :) We've come a long way. xx

Kara Lynne said...

Oh my goodness, right?! Those stamp rollers NEVER worked for me! Good thing we didn't just give up back then - look how far we've come! Your wrapping paper is perfection, and I love the tag you put with it too!

Linda said...

Oh wow, Marcia, this is so beautiful. What a lovely gift to give someone.

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, your wrapping paper is so pretty and festive, looks like a designer's paper. Love the darling tag too. Looking at your perfect lineup, and in awe at the print so well done. Lovely packaging too!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh, I LIKE this!! It is beautifully done Marcia!!

lexi said...

your wrapping paper turned out beautifully! i also used many of those wheels and they're still somewhere around here actually - i even have a wheel that you can put clear stamps on for a custom pattern, ha! thanks for playing make it monday!!

Unknown said...

What a great and perfect pattern!

Vicki Finger said...

I looked at my Peaceful Pinecones set but moved on to my original idea. Now I'm going to have to go back and try it with this set cause yours is gorgeous!

Joyce said...

This is FANTASTIC. Love how you paper came out--you chose perfect stamps and colors, and that tag you made is the best.

Keri said...

This is so sweet, Marcia!

Greta said...

Perfect choice of images--beautiful tag & paper, Marcia!

Helen F. said...

BEAUTIFUL wrapping paper, Marcia! Love the pretty fonts on the sentiment and the pine cone matches perfectly :-) The tag is a lovely addition too.

Kathy Mc said...

Had to chuckle when I read about stamping wheels. Been there, done that...but not well. Marcia, this wrapping paper looks so professional and perfect for the holiday season!