Monday, November 28, 2016

Merry Monday #224 - Masculine Christmas Card




Hello friends and welcome to another Merry Monday challenge.  This week Kathy is challenging us to make a masculine Christmas card, and that was a challenge for me!  I tend to struggle with any type of masculine card, and this was no exception at first!  But I persevered and was happy with what I came up with!!


And here's what I came up with:


I started by blending a few TH Distress Inks together for my background....Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, & Chipped Sapphire.  Next I used my MISTI to stamp just one side of Penny Black's Woodland Wonder stamp to the right side of my top layer.  I had to stamp it several times to get a complete coverage of the black...gotta LOVE the MISTI in times like this!!  Next I stamped my sentiment from Penny Black's Yuletide Wishes stamp set and then added a deer die cut from PTI's In the Meadow set.  I layered my top layer to a black layer and then both of those layers to a white card base.  Not my usual Christmas card, but I think it will work perfectly for a masculine Christmas card!!


Only 4 weeks left till Christmas my friends, so let us help you get those cards done!  Come check out all the FABULOUS masculine inspiration we have for you this week, and then join in the fun!  You can check it out right HERE. 

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Linda said...

Your background is so beautiful. Awesome masculine card Marcia. Have a great week.

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card Marcia, this is such a beautiful scene you have created.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous scene, Marcia - just love how you combined stamps and the deer die so seamlessly!

Margaret said...

so peaceful!

Birgit said...

What a stunning card Marcia! The background and your scene are just wonderful and so serene. Well done my friend!

Stampingcountry said...

Gorgeous Christmas Card! It's Perfect for a man or a woman.

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely!

Bonnie said...

This is a work of art, Marcia! A perfect masculine scene! Have a great week!

Susan Joyce said...

Awesome Christmas card Marcia, love the sentiment and the images you used for your card.

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Marcia, this is beautiful -- the perfect masculine card!

Cindy Beach said...

This is so beautiful, Marcia! LOVE the serene background, with just the right mix of colors. The scene is lovely and highlights the sentiment perfectly.

Lori Turner said...

Marcia, this is amazing - LOVE that background and silhouette stamping! Way to go!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous! I just love it all!!