Friday, November 25, 2016

Papertrey Ink November 2016 Blog Hop

Hello friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday...I had a wonderful day celebrating with most of my family and LOTS of food!  And now it's the 25th and in blogland, that means it's time for Papertrey Ink's monthly Blog Hop!  Nichole picked a fun and bright and non-traditional inspiration photo for us to follow this month:

Blog hop inspiration
   
I took my inspiration totally from the colors in this photo...LOVED the aqua boxes with the gold polka dots! 


I started by blending what I thought were the 4 main colors...Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Green Parakeet, & Lemon Tart, and then splattered with some water.  Next I embossed in gold Heather Nichol's Snowflake Sparkle snowflakes, and then cut it out using a stitched circle die.  I inlaid the circle into a white layer, and then layered that onto Hawaiian Shores and added both layers to a white card base.  I also added a scalloped and stitched circle die cut in white to the outside edge of the circle and then stamped my sentiment in Hawaiian Shores from the same Snowflake Sparkle set.  A single enamel dot that I had in my stash was the only extra that I added so that the focus was on the colors and gold snowflakes.

Can't wait to see how every one else interpreted the inspiration photo, so I'm off to go hopping!  You can check it all out too right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!

  

30 comments:

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful I love the background in the circle just gorgeous. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Colleen said...

Gorgeous, Marcia, love all those wonderful colors and the stitched circle is fabulous!! Hope your turkey day was great! Now the fun begins with the little one, nothing like having a young one for Christmas, brings back the wonder and magic of the season! Heart Hugs, col

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, this is STUNNING! Such a beautiful and colorful bg for your fanciful snowflakes! Love the stitching inside and out of the window. Must get out and walk some of Thanksgiving off today, a casualty of the holiday! So happy yours was a good one! Hugs!

Natasha said...

That's so pretty! I love the blended background with the snowflakes!

Barbara said...

This is very striking and a knockout card. Love that you were inspired by the colors, I was too. Is that signature on the bottom, new? I love that.

Rosemary said...

what a fun take on the inspiration photo... love that pretty inked background!

Julia Aston said...

Love your water splashed sponged background Marcia - the die cut framing is so pretty and really sets off the colorful background!

Linda said...

Oh my, Marcia, that background is simple stunning and your card is gorgeous.

Marybeth said...

Oh my goodness Marcia, what a wonderful way to use the colors with this gorgeous background ! I hope you and your family had a wonderful thanksgiving !

Joyce said...

Gorgeous, Marcia. What a beautiful background you made.

Darnell said...

I love those aqua boxes, too, Marcia, and REALLY love your blended colorful card! The design is so striking!! Hugs, Darnell

Carmela said...

Marcia, Very Pretty Card! Love your blended background and the snowflakes.

Jacquie Southas said...

Your sentiment describes your card perfectly, Marcia! Merry & bright!

Vicki Finger said...

This is so bright and pretty - Festive would be a better word.

Connie MacFarlane said...

So pretty Marcia! Love the ink blended backdrop for those snowflakes.

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Gorgeous sponged background Marcia! Very festive looking.

lainey said...

This looks like a big, decorated ornament to me. Your choice of colors and ink blending are wonderful!

Helen F. said...

Marcia, your beautifully blended background colors are fabulous behind the gold snowflakes! Love the stitched scallop circle frame too.

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning card Marcia...just love your gorgeous background, so perfect for your holiday card.

Kathy Mc said...

Marcia, love how you were inspired by the colors and incorporated those with gold snowflakes. Framing the ink-blended circle like you did looks fabulous, and love the enamel dot with your sentiment. So glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Betty Wright said...

Love the soft sponging with gold embossing!

Brinda said...

Such a happy and bright card!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! This is gorgeous Marcia! And so beautifully done too!
Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comment!

Unknown said...

Beautiful colors, am loving your design! Perfect Challenge card!

Kathy W said...

My favorite card of the hop. Just stunning, thanks for the inspiration.

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia, this is stunning! You captured those colors perfectly in your background and the gold snowflakes are so elegant. I love the fabulous design and that single enamel dot really makes a WOW statement. Beautifully done my friend!!

Karen B. said...

Oh wow, your inked background is so pretty!

Diana K said...

So beautifully done, Marcia! Love your fabulous background.

Greta said...

Love the gold snowflakes & the beautiful blended background! Such a creative use of the inspiration, Marcia!

Cindy Beach said...

This is beautiful Marcia! I love the way you were inspired by the rainbow of colors and gold. Great choice of the sentiment!