Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Make It Monday #269 - Embossed & Outlined Backgrounds

Hello friends.  Playing along with Betsy and this weeks Make It Monday challenge, where Betsy shows how something as simple as outlining an embossed image with a Copic marker can add such dramatic depth to your card.  I would have loved to use the same snowflake set as Betsy, as her card was so lovely, but decided to try out the What The Doodle: Tea Time stamp set, as I have not had a chance to use it yet. 


Now I realize I didn't quite follow the directions, as my outlined image is more the focal point than a background image, but I still like how this turned out!  I embossed my image in white and then blended Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst, & Raspberry Fizz inks over it.  I used a Copic RV04 to outline the tea cup and heart and I really do like how it makes the image pop!  I added a small strip of striped DSP to the edge of my card and then added my die cut sentiment from the Big Hugs stamp and die set.  A few sequins and my card is ready to send out to my girlfriend who just had her 2nd hip replaced (she's only 52!!).  This was definitely a FUN technique and one I will be using again!

You can check out Betsy's video and lovely card right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)


17 comments:

Deb Selby said...

Wow we really were on the same wavelength on this challenge. Colour and image. There is just something about that teacup that is so appealing, Love your card and the Hugs sentiment(I have that one too)!

Linda said...

Marcia, this is so pretty. The teacup was perfect for this technique and love that little black & white strip. Love it my friend.

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Love this Marcia! The background has a dreamy ombre look and the black and white side strip really finishes off the card nicely.

Vicki Finger said...

Cute Cute Cute! I have several other ideas for using stamps in this way and you gave me another!

Loll said...

So pretty!! Love this technique Marcia ... great job as your tea cup and heart really pop off the sponged background. Need to give this a try! Lovely CAS sponged card ... perfect for CAS Mix Up this month. Hope you'll join us. xx

Carmela said...

Very pretty! Love your teacup!

Darnell said...

Thank you for the link, Marcia, and for your own unique take, which I happen to love, too! And well done using your NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Birgit said...

Love, love LOVE this in pinks! What a pretty card! I haven't tried this yet but still hoping to before the challenge closes. The black and white stripes on the edge are such a fun pop of color!

Barbara said...

Really cute and I think the tea cup is soothing as well. Love that you did it in pink too. the finishing touch is the stripes on the side. Really classy!

lainey said...

Pink and black is a favorite color combination of mine and it looks wonderful on your teacup card!

paperkicks said...

Beautiful card, Marcia1!! Love the beautiful pinks, and the outlining is super!!

Vikki H said...

Each part of your card works beautifully together! This is a good technique whether focal point or background!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Pretty card, Marcia. Turned out so well!

Joyously Noelle said...

What a sweet pink card! Oops I guess I didn't make a background either, but we still had fun =)

Kathy Mc said...

Marcia, your tea cup looks simply divine using the blended pinks and Copic outline. I'm sure your mailable hugs will help your friend heal. Sure hope so. She's way too young for one hip replacement let alone a second one.

BożenA said...

Beautiful card! I love the circuit card and striped border.

Marlena M. said...

I love this~it's so pretty Marcia! :)