Monday, December 12, 2016

Merry Monday #226 - "Winter Fun"

Hello friends.  Merry Monday has a fun little challenge for you this week with Lori as our hostess, and she would like to see some "Winter Fun" on your Christmas cards.


I am so totally hooked on MFT's Polar Pals stamp set lately, and the image of the bear ice skating seemed like a perfect one to use for this challenge!  I used to love ice skating as a child, and have lots of fond memories of going to Mulik Park ice rink with my girlfriend Kathy and skating away an afternoon.  My dad tried a few different times to make an ice rink in our backyard for my brothers and I, but could never quite get it smooth enough to skate on...my brothers piled up snow to make a hill next to it though, and then would slide down it and across the ice.  Oh the fun memories!  :0)  But back to the card:  I used Copics that I matched up with my Perfectly Plaid paper from Lawn Fawn to color the Polar bear (C1, C3, C5, BG13, RV34, & R27), and then used MFT's Die Namics Stitched Mini Scalloped Rectangle dies to cut out my main layer and also a Bermuda Bay layer, before attaching to the plaid layer and white card base.  Some white bakers twine and a simple little tag from PTI's Tiny Tags finished off my "Winter Fun" card.

Can you believe it's less than TWO weeks till Christmas?  If you're not done with those cards yet, let us help and pull out some of those "Winter Fun" stamps and play along with us.  You can find lots more "Winter Fun" inspiration from my Team Mates and how to play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by...I love it when you do!  :0)

 

8 comments:

Linda said...

This is so cute, Marcia. No ice skating for us here in the Pacific NW unless it is in an indoor rink. Not cold enough here. Anyway, love your plaid paper and your coloring. Have a great week.

Kay Miller said...

Marcia that is cute as can be! I love the plaid paper too! Such a cute card! Thank you so much for the sweet comments you have left on my blog! They really made me smile! Hope you have a wonderful and blessed Christmas season!

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable card, I love this fun image and the background plaid. Have a wonderful week.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling skating polar bear, Marcia, and you colored him so beautifully!! Perfect with the plaid!

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia, this is so darling!! The plaid background is so fun and perfect for this handsome fella!

TK said...

So so cute! Love me that bear! Great colors too!

Bonnie said...

I loved reading about your fun memories, Marcia! Also love this polar bear, and the plaid and fun colors!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such great memories! Love your MFT bear - he looks like he is having an awesome time~