Monday, December 26, 2016

Papertrey Ink Dec. 2016 Blog Hop

Hello friends.  Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with family & friends!  It was a fun filled 3 days of celebrating for me and my family, but I'm ready to get back to "normal", like playing along with Papertrey Ink's monthly Blog Hop!  Another fun and colorful inspiration photo this month to inspire us along:

Blog hop inspiration

The colors reminded me more of a birthday celebration than Christmas, so I went with the colors and used the new Celebrate Big stamp set for my card:


I used the Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Dies for my card base and top layer, and then die cut the "Celebrate" from the top layer piece.  I used Hibiscus Burst to blend the ombre color onto the die cut, and then inlaid it back in to the top layer.  I die cut the little banner flag from Aqua Mist and then heat embossed the pole in gold.  Here's a closer up photo for you to see this better:


I also die cut the flag streamers and stamped them with New Leaf, Limeade Ice, & Aqua Mist inks.  The little stars were stamped in Buttercup Yellow.  I also added a few matching enamel dots, a few sequins (to give the party effect, ya know?!!), and a piece of pink bakers twine and some gold thread at the top.  It's a small little set, but I think it packs a BIG punch for a birthday card...or other BIG celebrations too!  :0)

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  And now I'm off to see how everyone else was inspired by this months inspiration photo.  You can too...right HERE.


24 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Whoa, loving your sweet celebration card, Marcia! Your pink ombre sentiment is perfection! Love all the other fun elements too. Haven't used this set yet, but so grateful for your inspiration! Hugs, my friend!

Julia Aston said...

So pretty with the scalloped edge, the inlaid die cut sentiment and cute little banner! a very festive b'day card Marcia!

Rosemary said...

perfect take on the inspiration photo, Marcia!! definitely fun and celebratory!!

Linda said...

Love you ombre Celebrate sentiment. So many lovely details on your card, Marcia. Loved you pictures on FB. Have a great week.

lainey said...

What a fun, bright and cheery looking card!! Good to see the Celebrate set used - I think this set has a lot of potential.

Teddra said...

Cute! Love the inlaid sentiment.

Carmela said...

Love your card! That is a great die cut and beautiful blending of the colors.

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Pretty card. You put that freebie to use...FAST!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

This is fabulous Marcia! I didn't qualify for the freebie this year.

Skrater said...

what a lovely card, so festive!!

Joyously Noelle said...

What a fun way to use that set and a great take on the inspiration!

paperkicks said...

Great use of this stamp set...Love your colors and design!!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Marcia,
I love the pink ombre sentiment inlaid into the panel. Such a pretty and festive card! I agree with loving the sequins for a party effect. Perfect!

Helen F. said...

Marcia, your card is a total CELEBRATION of happy! I love how you used that sweet set and all the fun stamps/dies, embellies and coloring!

Greta said...

Great minds think alike--looked like BD inspiration to me, too! Your card is very festive & modern--love it, Marcia! Happy New Year!

Kim Heggins said...

This is one fabulous and beautiful card. Love that you went with birthday. I still needed Christmas cards when I made mine, love these colors for birthday, just perfect!

Vikki H said...

Thanks to your lovely creation I put in my order tonight for the A2 vertical die set. Your card is very well designed! and the ombre sentiment - wow!

adele holcomb said...

Wow! You wasted no time using this fun new die! Love the inlaid effect, and your lovely use of the scalloped die made me add it to my own wish list. Nice job!

Unknown said...

Perfect colors! Love the celebration theme and that awesome party banner!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

A Crafty Person said...

Great card!! I really like the new stamp set with the ombre stamping.

Kathy Mc said...

Oh, Marcia, I'm SO glad I ordered to get this set free. It should arrive tomorrow with the A2 Verticals. The inlaid die-cut looks fabulous - such a happy card. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas and wishing you a great New Year!

Marlena M. said...

This is fantastic Marcia! Lovely design~

Linda said...

I am trying to find out if this stamp set is still available. I have not been successful finding out how to contact some with Papertrey Inc. Hoping maybe you can help me. Thanks for your assistance.

Linda D.