Monday, January 9, 2017

Merry Monday #230 - Noel

Hello friends.  So happy to be your hostess this week at Merry Monday!  I have a little bit of a Scandinavian blood in me from my maternal grandfather, and have always LOVED the Christmas designs and patterns they use in their decorating and also the word "Noel"!  (My mom had ceramic letters that spelled out "Noel" that she put out at Christmas, and my little brother always used to rearrange them to spell "Leon"... it was fun to see how long it would take before my mom noticed!)  So all that being said, I would love to see you use the word "Noel" and/or decorate your card with a Scandinavian feel.

 

I kept my card very simple with a kraft and white color theme.  I used a new to me embossing folder by RG - Lumberjack Days Collection - Knitted Pattern for my background on a piece of kraft cardstock, and lightly sponged on some kraft ink to make it pop a bit more.  I used a little Winter scene from PTI's Winter Hills for my main image and also the word "Noel" from Catherine Pooler's Hip Holiday stamp set embossed in white.  I also added a few stitched die cut stars (Gina Marie Designs) and a few wooden stars from PTI.  A little bit of Dazzling Diamonds glitter finished off my card!

 
The DT really made some awesome cards for inspiration this week, so check them out and play along with us...can't wait to see what you come up with!  All the info you need to play along can be found right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!



15 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such a classy and elegant card. Loving the colour combination and the texture x

Mac Mable said...

Just ordered the gorgeous textured embossing folder...thank you for the inspiration x

Linda said...

Beautiful and elegant, Marcia. Love that embossing folder. Thanks for the fun challenge. Have a great week.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love the color combo and the beautiful embossing!

Birgit said...

A stunning card Marcia! Yes, that textured background is amazing!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your cable knit background, Marcia! Perfect for your winter image. Thanks for a fun challenge!!

Notes by Nina said...

Wonderful card, I love the background texture.

Julia Aston said...

Love your story of the NOEL display in your childhood! Your mixed embossed background adds great texture to your Noel card - a great challenge Marcia! Julia xx

The Paper Toile said...

Love the knit background and that little stitched star!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Such a warm serene card - Love it Marcia! And what a great challenge you chose this week! Loved your story about LEON - too funny!!

Greta said...

I love using the word NOEL during the holidays--just had to use my new W&W die to enter the challenge! However, now I want to make another card with kraft & dry embossing! This is just wonderful, Marcia!

Susan Joyce said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Marcia, love every design detail.

LucieGCards said...

Such an elegant card! I might have to buy that embossing folder!

AlisonC said...

I love this background!A beautiful card.