Monday, February 20, 2017

Merry Monday #236 - Stockings

Hello friends.  The challenge this week at Merry Monday is to use a stocking on your Christmas card. 


I had been going through my stockpile of NBUS (Never Before Used Stuff) and came across a Memory Box stocking die that I've had for ages and never used, so this weeks challenge seemed like the perfect opportunity to show it some love!!


Isn't it pretty?!!  It's called Leafy Stocking and I die cut it 4 times before mounting it to my card.  The plaid background paper is SU! Trim The Tree DSP, and I also used Cherry Cobbler cs and gold mirror cs.  The gold holly die cut uses PTI's Holly Jolly die, and the tag is from MFT's Tiny Tags and stamped with PTI's Fillable Frames #9.  A little bit of Cherry Cobbler bakers twine and gold thread finished off this card. 


Here's a closer up so you can see the dimension of the stocking better.  I also sprayed the stocking with Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz, so IRL it really sparkles!

So dig out those stocking stamps and dies friends and let us see what you come up with!  You can check out more inspiration from my lovely teammates and then play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!  :0)


9 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling stocking die, Marcia, and I love it in white against that plaid paper! The bitty gold holly adds the perfect touch!!

Karen L K said...

I love that layered die cut stocking! Cute card too!

Birgit said...

Super, super cute Marcia!!

Loll said...

What a beautiful stocking ... love the intricate design. Such a sweet card, Marcia with the red plaid background. xx

Colleen said...

Love your stocking die...and your colors are fabulous, that gold is the perfect finishing touch! Awesome card! ps...thanks for the MM bad link, not sure what to do with it now...maybe let Lori know!

JD/ Jill said...

Really like that die! It definitely needed to be used...It so cute!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love the layers - such a pretty stocking!

Notes by Nina said...

Lovely card, the plaid is a wonderful background to your elegant stocking.

Jill Norwood said...

Love this sweet Christmas card! That stocking is so pretty and I love the gold layers with the red!