Thursday, April 13, 2017

Create Along With Us - April 2017

Hello friends.  Playing along with Papertrey Ink's Create Along With Us challenge, and this month I was really inspired by Nichole's card:

Lovely Friend card
  I love the simplicity and the soft blending, and then the tiny pops of brighter colors on the embossed images...SOOO pretty!  The little flowers and leaves reminded me a bit of the images from Doodlie-Do and I came up with this:


I think I may have gotten a little heavier handed with my blending, but I still really like how this turned out!  My sentiment is from Graceful Greetings II and I also used one of the dies from the Mix & Mat: Flourishes set.  I used a RV09 and YG63 Copic marker to fill in a bit of color on the embossed images.

Had to show a couple pictures of how cute my Carrot Treat Box's turned out:




I used the Orange Zest patterned paper for the boxes, and one of the tag dies that comes with the carrot die.  I didn't think I needed the Easter stamp set that coordinated with the carrot dies, and of course now I wish I had gotten it for the little bunny and sentiments that would have fit perfectly on the tag!  Oh well, live and learn!  I did find a little bunny from my stash (I think it was a Michael's $1 spot stamp quite a few years back!) and the sentiment is from Hero Arts.  I used green tulle to tie the top of the box closed and really like how it looks.  These were definitely a lot of fun to make and I'm looking forward to putting them on my daughter's table for Easter!

There is still time to play along with the Create Along With Us challenge...check it all out right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Birgit said...

What a treat today's post is! Your card is beautiful Marcia and the blending is perfect. Those treat boxes.... oh my, so darling!! That bunny and sentiment fit perfectly on the tag. What cute, cute treat boxes!!

Susan Watanabe said...

Aaahh, your card is so pretty...great CAS job! Love your Easter carrot goodie boxes too. You've been busy!

Vicki Finger said...

So pretty Marcia!

Carmela said...

Great blending on your background, Marcia. The treat boxes are adorable. Love that tulle! They will be fun to hand out. Blessings!

Cindy Beach said...

I love how your ink blending turned out! Your card is beautiful! and the treat boxes are super cute. Happy Easter to you!

lainey said...

Your blending looks perfect, not heavy handed at all and really looks wonderful with the Doodlie-Do flower! And your treat boxes are absolutely adorable!

Also, congrats on being the Day 2 gift certificate winner! Lucky you!!

Loll said...

Your card is so pretty. Love how the bright pink blending makes the white embossing pop.

Those carrot treat boxes are so sweet!!! Think how excited everyone will be at the dinner table! :) Great job, Marcia! xx

Imke said...

Perfect blending on your card and wonderful CASE of Nichole´s card. Love it !

Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

Bonnie said...

Your card is so pretty, Marcia! The stamped design pops in the shaded pink background! And your "carrots" are adorable! A really special treat! Happy Easter!

Kathy Mc said...

Pretty card, Marcia, with your ink blending! The flowers really pop. Your carrot boxes turned out so cute with the tulle. Congrats on your PTI win!

Unknown said...

You have captured Nicole's card perfectly! Love the colors too and the design. Now about those carrot boxes, oh my.....aren't they just the sweetest! Literally! Have you spent your money at PTI yet??? :)

Greta said...

I loved that card, too & your case is gorgeous, Marcia! I need to use the Mix & Mat: Flourishes dies--haven't cut them apart yet. Your treat boxes are adorable--they'll surely be loved! Congrats on the release gc win--enjoy your spending spree & Happy Easter!

Luanne said...

Great card Marcia! Love your version of Nicole's card. Congratulations on your Release night win too!!

Kathryn A said...

Beautiful card!! Love the Easter projects, too. And congrats on winning on release night!!

Helen F. said...

BEAUTIFUL card, Marcia! Love your version of Nicole's card. And those carrot treat boxes are so darn adorable.
Congratulations on your PTI win, so happy to see one of my Blogland friend's name on the Winner's Page :-) Enjoy!

Nancy Penir said...

Your blending is perfect! Makes the white come alive. What a lovely card! I just saw you won a 'big' gc from PTI, and said a cheer! Yay and Yay!!! Enjoy shopping my friend! Love those sweet candy boxes. I bet your granddaughter enjoyed hers! Happy Easter! xxx