Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Cupcake Inspirations #401 - Happy 85th Mom!

Hello friends.  BIRGIT had me oooohing and ahhhhhhing over a beautiful color combination that she was using to play along with the latest challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations, so I had to check it out and then play along!


Aren't those such pretty colors together?!  It also happens to be my mom's 85th birthday today, and she loves yellow, so I figured this was the perfect challenge to make her card with!  Here's what I came up with:


One of my favorite sets to use when I want to make a number birthday card is SU!'s Number Of Years.  I started with one of the stencils from PTI's Modern Background Stencils and Harvest Gold ink for my background, and then stamped the flowers in Scarlet Jewel, Bright Buttercup, Melon Berry and Old Olive for the leaves.  The numbers were blended in an ombre pattern with Scarlet Jewel ink.  And of course since it's for my mom, I had to stamp an envelope too...


There is still 4 days left to play along with this color challenge and there's also a $20 gift certificate from Birch Press Designs, so this is a great challenge to play along with!  You can find all the info you need to play along and link up right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!



9 comments:

Birgit said...

This is stunning Marcia! I love the flowers in the background and the ombre coloring on the numbers is fabulous! So glad you joined in on the challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations!

Colleen said...

Love it Marcia...the number just pops and is gorgeous in your colors~ This is a WOW card and one your mom will treasure!! Heart Hugs, friend!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Loll said...

Gorgeous card to celebrate your Mom's 85th birthday --- happy birthday to her!! LOVE the colours and your beautiful design, Marcia. xx

Marybeth said...

Marcia this is truly a gorgeous card for your mom! I can't tell you enough how much I love this card! The number looks beautiful over the pretty blooms! Happy 85th to your mom!

Bonnie said...

Oh, my, Marcia this is GORGEOUS! What a special card for a special birthday!

Linda said...

Beautiful card for your mom Marcia. She is going to love it.

EK Gorman said...

I'm so glad you joined us for our challenge, and even more, so glad you made this absolutely stunning card. It is gorgeous! I love how you played with this week's color challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

CupcakeInspirations said...

What a beautiful card to celebrate one's 85th birthday! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie