Sunday, June 25, 2017

Papertrey Ink June 2017 Blog Hop

Hello friends.  It's the 25th and that means it's time for Papertrey Ink's monthly blog hop!  Nichole has a beautiful ombre inspiration photo for us this month...


I was totally inspired by the teal colored jar and the peachy colored flowers, and while the photo is showing roses, I just HAD to play with my new Humming Along set and the pretty Petunia's!


I started by blending my card front with Tropical teal, and then added some water splatters that I mostly covered up when I added the Mix & Mat: Flourishes frame over the top.  You can enlarge the photo by clicking on it to see a few of the splatters closer up if you'd like.  Next I stamped and cut my peachy colored Petunia's (Bellini, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist, & Ocean Tides inks) and then added to the bottom corner of my white frame...love how they pop against the white and ombre teal!  For my sentiment I heat embossed in white on my black banner (Banner Style), sponged the edges with white ink to give it a bit of the chalkboard style, and then adhered it to my card front along with a few iridescent sequins.

 
Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with for this one!!  You can check it out and play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by and a special thanks to all who leave comments...I love hearing from you!!  :0)


25 comments:

Carmela said...

Beautiful Marcia! Love your colors.

Rosemary said...

lovely take on the inspiration, Marcia!! the ombre background is amazing!

Susan Watanabe said...

Nicely done...love the orange and teal together! :)

Vicki Finger said...

I am going to have to get those Petunias! I haven't yet, but I need them now! Beautiful colors and card design.

Linda said...

Gorgeous Marcia.

Kathryn A said...

Wow! Gorgeous sponging! What a wonderful, complementary background to those bright flowers!

lainey said...

You did a fabulous job on this one Marcia! Love the colors used on your petunias, which look wonderful against your background.

Betty Wright said...

Love this! I started to use my petunias! Love this design!

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous background! Love that Mix and Mat Flourish die too, I only used 2 pieces of it...great minds and all! ;) Your cluster of petunias are fabulous! So pretty, Marcia!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Beautiful petunias on a beautiful background! Very well done.

Marybeth said...

Wow, Marcia this is one beautifully created card! I love that background and gorgeous blooms! Just the right amount of sequins too, just enough for some sparkle !

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card Marcia..love your gorgeous inked background, looks fabulous with your pretty flowers.

Joyce said...

This is beautiful, Marcia. Love those flowers and your beautiful ombre background.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Marcia! I love the pretty flowers and the fun blackboard sentiment! Great take on the challenge!

Joyously Noelle said...

What lovely blue ombré and happy flowers!

Nancy Penir said...

Oh yes, that bg pops up your blooms beautifully! Love that frame in white against the teal, and then with the new petunias in bright coral, gorgeous!!! Another beauty, Miss Marcia!

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Very pretty Marcia!

Teddra said...

Charming card Marcia!

Vikki H said...

Well, you certainly can ink blend! What a darling card and great choices of stamps and dies.

Helen F. said...

How pretty is your ombre teal background. This is stunning, Marcia!

Greta said...

Glad you used the petunias, Marcia--gorgeous card! I need to use my dies all together like this--still haven't done that!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card, Marcia! I love the vibrant colors!

Kathy Mc said...

What a gorgeous color combo with all your textures and details, Marcia! My package delivered Friday and just got around to opening it tonight. Can't wait to play with those petunias and hummingbirds. Very striking card, Marcia!

Birgit said...

This is so gorgeous Marcia! My order just arrived on Friday and I haven't had even a moment to play. Your card is so lovely and inspiring!

Unknown said...

So bright and cheerful, stunning background.