Friday, June 23, 2017

Wedding Wishes

Hello friends.  Playing along with two challenges today:  Double D - Anything Wedding and CAS Watercolour - Summer.




Since June has long been considered Wedding month, and Summer makes me think of flowers, I figured these two challenges would definitely work together!  I also had been wanting to try a water color technique that my friend Colleen tried and loved by Laurel Beard, using Zig Clean Color Real Brushes...so these two challenges worked out for me to come up with this:



I kept my card very CAS so the focus would be on the lovely flower from PTI's Especially You.  I embossed my image in gold and then literally scribbled with my Zigs over it!  Yep, scribbled!  It was a hot mess!  (darn, should have taken a picture at that point!)  The magic happens when you spritz the image with water and the color starts to spread...so fun to watch!  After patiently waiting for it to dry, I fussy cut it out.  I added a simple gold frame (PTI - Cover Plate - Pretty Frame Die) to coordinate with the gold embossing, and then added a simple sentiment from PTI's Spring Woods.  I will definitely be trying this technique out again...fun, FUN!!

The CAS Watercolour challenge ends tomorrow (24th), so not much time left to play in that one, but the Double D - Anything Wedding goes until July 2nd, so plenty of time to play along yet.  And lots of BEAUTIFUL inspiration to be found from both DT's and players in their galleries!

Edited to add:  Also going to add this to The Challenge #88 where they have some challenge words for you to pick from to design your card...I chose Flowers, Bright, & Watercolor.

 

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Darlene said...

Your watercoloring came together beautifully Marcia! Such a pretty card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Wedding’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Linda said...

Gorgeous card Marcia. Love how your flower turned out. The colors are awesome. Mine didn't turn out like yours or Colleen's did.

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia, this is gorgeous!! The water coloring is fabulous and just perfect on this CAS card.

Susan said...

Beautiful summer flowers and colours - love the layout and design. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

Loll said...

The colours of your flower are AMAZING, Marcia! Love the combination ... so bright and cheerful ... and summery! You did great with this scribble technique. I'm going to have to try it too. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

nancy littrell said...

Your scribble Zigs technique turned out beautifully, Marcia. TFS and joining us again at CAS Watercolour. Hugs.

Christine Alexander said...

Such beautiful colours, I've got to try this scribble technique it's perfect for flowers and looks amazing way of blending the colours. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour :)

Bonnie said...

It's hard to believe this was a hot mess before you spritzed it! You must have done some good spritzing because it's gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at CAS Watercolour!

Donna Phelan said...

GORGEOUS! Love your colorful blossom, it looks amazing! What a great technique too! The gold accent looks marvelous and really makes everything POP! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member.

Greta said...

Wowzer--absolutely gorgeous, Marcia! I can't wait to try that with my Zigs!

Leslie Miller said...

Your card is so beautiful! Divine watercoloring, and that gold frame -- wow! Such lovely colors with all the white. I just love it! I need to try your scribbling and spritzing method because it turned out amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Double D!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful designed creation, very creative, for our current challenge, WEDDING...hope to see you next challenge.. Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}