Friday, September 22, 2017

A Spooky Halloween Shadow Box

Hello friends.  I have been seeing so many cute and fun Halloween cards and projects out there in blogland lately, and decided I'd get on board.  I've been hooked on a really cute shadow box from Lawn Fawn that makes the 3D boxes that fold flat for mailing and finally gave in and purchased it!  (I think it's a little pricey but so much fun and easy to make that I'm glad I splurged now!)

I decided to make the outside of the box from DSP (PTI), which as cute as it is, I think I will use regular cardstock next time for more support...the DSP is flimsier.  The box is also only 3 1/4" X 2 3/4", so you do need to think about the stamps and die cuts you will use to put in it.  My first thought was to put in some little Halloween Owls I have, but they are too big to use it the box, so FYI, the smaller your images, the better they'll work for this project.  Take a look:







The very back of the inside box has a piece of orange cardstock that I die cut with a Gina Marie Design Starry Sky die and then I cut it again with some silver mirror cardstock and glued in all the little silver stars.  I also added a spider web die cut from Lawn Fawn (Cute Cobweb) to the back piece.  Other than the spider that is hanging from the front top of the box, all the rest of the pieces are die cut from PTI's Tiny Town: Spookville Manor (tree, ghosts, bat, pumpkins, & fence).  The little green hills are part of the shadow box dies.  My sentiment and pumpkin on the back of the box are both from Kay Miller's Spooky Smiles (PTI).

This was definitely a lot of FUN and I'm sure my granddaughter is going to get a kick out of it!  I also love that it folds flat for easy mailing and will pop right back up once she opens it!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


4 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh my Marcia, this is as cute as can be! And it lays flat for mailing?? Even more perfect! I love your spooky-cute little scene. You are queen of the dies!

Colleen said...

Marcia...well, I have been missing and just now popped into your fantastic amazing new blog and had to go down to read when this magic happened! Of course it is a LOLL design, it is absolutely gorgeous! And I love leaves too, keep thinking, why do I need another leaf stamp? But gosh darn, they just draw me in...kind of like butterflies do to a certain friend of mine! Your card above and below (well, let's face it all your cards...oh and your MM card, jaw dropping!) are just amazing...love this box and that sure does seem right up your alley!! So fun to visit your blog and see your amazing work! Have a super weekend! I think we get sun...yeah, we have had torrential downpours here and DH was crying because he just seeded a new lawn...actually only a few little rivers, nothing he can't fix! Heart Hugs, Col

Linda said...

Marcia, this is just too adorable. Addie is going to love it. Or is it Addy? Trying to get back into normal life after being in Kauai for a week. It was so fun and such a beautiful island. Love your new blog design. So pretty.

Ros Crawford said...

Wow! What a superb project! Wonderful choice of colours and papers!