Thursday, September 14, 2017

Create Along With Us - September 2017

Hello friends.  It's release week over at Papertrey Ink and that means it's the Create Along With Us challenge where we get to choose something we're inspired by from one of the DT and CASE their work.  September is hard for me because it's ALL Christmas, and I love EVERYTHING Christmas, and that makes it very hard to choose just one thing!!  But anyway, our daughter's are grown now and so gift cards seem to be the norm now...hence I love the new gift card die and ALL the examples the DT has been showing with it!  I finally narrowed it down to Melissa's beautiful and vintage card holder:

Ptibrownpaper7

Is that not just the sweetest card holder?!!  Love the sentiment and the kraft cardstock, the music DSP, the clothespin and tag, and of course the twine!!  Here's what I came up with since I didn't have the exact supplies as Melissa:


I used an older PTI die Gift Card Greetings Die to cut my holder from kraft cardstock and then used some very thin tear n tape on the long sides to close it up so it was more like an envelope with a flap.  I did stencil it with a dot stencil in Scarlet Jewel before taping the sides, and then distressed the edges with some Cocoa Bean ink.  I used the Tiny Tags die and stamp set to cut out my tag and stamp the sentiment, and also added a little sprig of Holly from the Tag-Its #9 set in Spring Moss ink.  And of course I tied it up with twine and added the clothespin along with the tag to finish it up like Melissa's.  I have to tell you the flap on this is hard to fit in the rounded slot, so the new die will work a lot easier and is definitely going in my cart tomorrow night!  Here's a closer up view:

  
Still lots of time to play along with this challenge, so check out all the amazing work by the DT and then play along right HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia, I just love this! I love the kraft with the music print and polka dots. It's just as cute as can be!

Susan Watanabe said...

Very nice CAS on Melissa's GC holder, Marcia! Love that you distressed it. Yes, it would have been much easier with the "right" die, but this way keeps you thinking out of the box. ;)

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely creation... I can imagine the recipients face beaming when they get this!

lainey said...

What a cute little package you created Marcia! I'm sure the recipient will just love it!

Carmela said...

Very pretty Marcia! I have never made a gift card holder. Love the polka dots and the musical score paper.

Kathy Mc said...

OMG, Marcia, your gift card holder is just as cute as Melissa's! The polka dots with the musical notes look awesome together.

Vicki Finger said...

This is awesome and I always love Kraft with Red!

Kathryn A said...

Hi Marcia! This is a great take on the inspiration card holder! Love the music dp, and am impressed that you were able to make a slot for it to fit into.

Jennifer T. said...

This is a great take on the challenge!