Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tag You're It! Challenge #73

Hello friends.  Getting my tag in just under the wire for the latest Tag You're It Challenge!  Tracey McNeely has a FABULOUS tag to inspire us:


I love Tracey's beautifully blended background and the emboss resist technique she used with her image.  I changed up the colors for my tag and came up with this:



I started by embossing my tag (Avery Elle) with PTI's What The Doodle: Sun stamp set and then blended DOX inks over it (Vintage Photo, Warm Honey, & Spiced Marmalade).  Added some water splattering at this point too.  Hadn't made a shaker tag in awhile and had some lovely yellow and gold sequins and seed beads that matched beautifully, so why not?!!  :0)  I finished off the tag with a die cut sentiment that comes with the tag set and some bakers twine from The Twinery.  Wouldn't this tag look great with a kraft gift bag and bright yellow tissue paper?!

I was totally inspired by Tracey's ink blended background and her emboss resist image...thanks so much Tracey!!

This challenge is only open for another day, but hey, tags are quick and easy and FUN to make, so take a look at all the fabulous inspiration from Tracey and the DT, and play along right HERE

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


5 comments:

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia, this is stunning!!! Love the warm colors you used and that you made it into a shaker is the cherry on top!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful, Marcia! I love the warm yellows contrasting with the crisp white. What a perfect shaker with those wonderful sequins! Thanks so much for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

Greta said...

Beautiful Fall shaker tag, Marcia!

Donna said...

This is so pretty, Marcia.
Thank you for taking the time to join us at Tag You're It! 🙂

Loll said...

LOVE your shaker tag, Marcia!! Great design with the bright colours of the change of season to fall. Fantastic as a shaker tag ... so much sparkle. xx