Tuesday, April 10, 2018

CAS Mix Up April 2018 - Rubber Band Technique

Hello friends.  Playing along with this month's challenge over at CAS Mix Up where the challenge is to do the RUBBER BAND Technique.


This was a really FUN technique once I got the hang of it!  I have 3 cards to share with you today...my first try is just ok, but I really like how my 2nd and 3rd tries came out!


 I used Versamark on my rubber bands to make my background on this first try, and while it's not terrible, it just didn't thrill me!  The leaf is from PTI's Leave It Be stamp set, and the sentiment from PTI's Keep It Simple: Thank You.  The dry embossed background was from my sweet friend Bonnie.  Again, not a terrible card and I will definitely use it, but I like how my next 2 came out much better!

 
I used GinaK's Jelly Bean Green ink on thicker rubber bands and stamped it multiple times for my background on this card.  The stamp is from Alesa Baker Designs (Impression Obsession F8726) and I just simply stamped it in black over the background and then used a wonky stitched die frame (Gina Marie Designs) to cut it out.  I layered it with a piece of Pear Pizazz cardstock and mounted to a white card base.  The sentiment is from PTI's Winter Woods.



For my last card I used the same thicker rubber bands and stamped multiple times again, but used 2 colors of ink...GinaK's Jelly Bean Green and Ocean Mist.  Used another silhouette stamp from Impression Obsession...this one is from Tara Caldwell (F16147).  I used a larger wonky stitched die frame (Gina Marie Designs) this time and simply mounted to my white card base.  The sentiment on this one is also from PTI's Winter Woods.  These cards were so simple and easy to create and I just LOVE how they turned out!!  FUN, FUN technique!!

There's still quite a bit of time to play along with this challenge, so check out all the FABULOUS cards from the DT, and then play along!  You can find it all right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Birgit said...

These are so cool with the rubberband stamped backgrounds! I like them all but the one stamped in all green makes me think of bamboo. What a fun technique! Have I ever told you I wished we lived closer so I could come to your house and play? ;0)

Colleen said...

Oh, my sentiments exactly, Birgit and Marcia, wish we could play together at least once a week...sigh...the rubberband technique is quite addicting isn't it? I have a couple of more that I made and still have one pink I need to put together...who made days with only 24 hours? Certainly NOT a crafter!! *wink Happy day friend...how are your knees? Heart Hugs, Col

Linda said...

Three lovely cards, Marcia. And me too, I wish we could play together too...
Miss all of you. I finished up another card that I had made the other day for this technique.

Bonnie said...

Wow, Marcia, you sure had fun with this technique! I have an idea that you aren't finished yet either. It is a fun technique and you have done three fabulous cards! Love the pretty leaf design with the twine! And both silhouetted birds are so pretty! I like them with the green and with the green and blue! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up, my friend!

Loll said...

You had great success with your rubber band cards Marcia. All three are awesome. I really like the tone-on-tone with the beautiful leaf of your first card. It's more delicate using the thinner bands. You seem happier with the cards using the thicker bands. It does make more of a statement. The cards are really beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Christine Alexander said...

3 beautiful cards, love that Kraft background for your leaf and those wonderful splashes for colour on the white backgrounds. all are so pretty and perfectly CAS :)

Lisa Elton said...

What cool backgrounds the rubber bands make! These are all wonderful Marcia, but the first is my fave!

Patti said...

Over the top cool! and I LOVE each of your Beautiful CAS designs!! : )

Patti

Mac Mable said...

You are spoiling us with these three beauties. The technique looks fabulous on all three. Love the texture on your first card and the tone on tone rubber band technique looks gorgeous. What a fun layout on your second card, so creative and loving your colour choice on the third one x Thanks for joining in the fun at The CAS Mix Up Challenge Marcia with these fabulous cards....All three of them x

Papercraft Boutique said...

You are on a roll with this technique, Marcia! Three awesome cards! I especially love the bold rubber band stamping. They stand out even with the black silhouettes (birds). Love the dynamic feeling. Hideko xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely cards...well done.
:) Karen

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous cards!! I love the embossed Bg for your first card... So perfect and earthy and the silhouette stamps with your colourful rubber band Bg on the other cards are stunning! So inspiring!

Jo said...

Oh my, I'm loving all three cards, so creative and beautiful designs. All are my FAVES, they are simply stunning.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Julia Aston said...

I am just loving seeing how people use this fun rubber band technique! So much inspiration here with your 3 cards Marcia - The two with the birds look rather like old farm fences to me - thanks so much for sharing with the CAS Mix Up! Julia xx