Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop April 2018

Hello friends.  Playing along with this week's monthly Blog Hop over at Papertrey Ink, where the inspiration photo is absolutely lovely!!


I love tea (especially Peppermint Tea!!) and I would like it even better in one of these beautiful tea cups!!  This whole photo makes me think "vintage", so that was my starting point for my card.


I started by die cutting my tea cups using the Fancy Tea Cup die with Bitty Big DSP in Aqua Mist and Pale Peony and also some gold mirror cardstock.  I distressed them all using some Vintage Photo DOX ink.  For my background layer I used a piece of PTI's Linen cardstock and then did a technique that was from a MIM challenge a year or two ago where you used a stiff bristle brush and lightly swiped color made from a combination of white acrylic paint, a little water, and re-inker (Aqua Mist).  You can see it a little bit better in the following photo:


Once my background was dry I used a Heidi Swapp background stamp with the Vintage Photo DOX ink to give my card even more of a vintage feel.  The little gold frame is from the Cover Plate: Pretty Frame Die.  I finished with a small piece of narrow seam binding ribbon and a little tag from Stemmed Statements.

This was also my first try using tips from Lexi Daly who did a really great post on Flat Photography and just using a few simple items to make your photographs more interesting.  I really like how my 1st photo came out and will definitely be incorporating more of her design tips into my photography!!

This challenge was such a fun one and I can't wait to hop along and see how every one else was inspired...I just know there's going to be some absolute beauties stemming from the lovely inspiration photo!!  If you want to hop along, you can check it all out right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


28 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia, this is absolutely delightful! You chose the perfect die, colors and papers for this challenge. Nothing could be any sweeter than this card! Well, except you. Happy day my friend!

lainey said...

Such a pretty, vintage looking card Marcia! I love the color, the touches of gold, the ribbon and the tag.

Karen said...

Just perfect! That teacup was made for this blog hop!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card - I love how you used the gold frame!

Rosemary said...

perfect take on the inspiration, Marcia... this is just lovely!

Vicki Finger said...

Just gorgeous and I especially like the scripty background paper! This was a fun bunch of colors to use and how perfectly you've interpreted the challenge.

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, this is so vintage and feminine, well right up my feminine alley! Love every touch of aging you added, the bg, the distressing, and especially those frilly cups! As usual, gorgeous!!! And a great big, hoorah for the photo shoot!

Vikki H said...

What a treat to my eyes! Everything works so well on your colorful project! I almost used that tea cup die too!

Joyce said...

Oh, how very pretty and vintage. Love those wonderful tea cups, and they look really sweet against that background.

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love the vintage feel of your card. The cups are lovely as is your wonderful background. Beautiful card!

TLady said...

SUPER JOB on this GORGEOUS CARD! Now, I WISH I had gotten this set! LOL You'd THINK with my name being "TLady" I would have gotten it, right? LOL SO GORGEOUS & VINTAGE!!! LOVE the touches of gold! ;) SUPER JOB on this challenge!!! (Thank you for coming over too! (((HUGS!))) )

Julia Aston said...

Love your great tea cups Marcia (how did I miss them over at PTI?!) Your background and gold framing is perfect for the vintage vibe you've created! Love that sentiment - we all need to be aware of all the 'simple joys' we encounter on a daily basis but don't often recognize! Julia xx

Carmela said...

Love your fun take on the challenge!! I love the shabby chic look of your card!! Beautiful job!!

Helen F. said...

Marcia, this is simply beautiful! Your creativity is so very inspiring! Always asking myself "Why don't you visit Marcia's Blog for ideas?" :-)

Mac Mable said...

Vintage and so beautiful. The colours, the papers and the gold are fabulous together. Love the setting of your photos too x

Betty Wright said...

Marcia, this is wonderful! I love the foil accenting and details! Beautifully done!

Loll said...

Great take on the inspiration photo, Marcia. Your stacked cups are gorgeous and very vintage-y looking. LOVE the gold fancy shaped frame and the beautiful background. Love the idea of using a wash with diluted acrylic paint and ink ... similar to a pickled effect - very cool! xx

Linda said...

Perfect, Marcia. Beautiful card. I couldn't even think of what to do with this, so didn't.

Bonnie said...

WOW! What a special card, Marcia! Love, love, love that tea cup die and all the elements of this gorgeous card! Your photos are gorgeous too! I need to check that out.

Kathy Mc said...

Ditto what everyone else said, Marcia. Your stacked teacups look awesome, and your vintage background is perfect. Great job also on your photography!

karen h said...

Wonderful card! Love the layered dies and the gorgeous gold frame!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Luanne said...

I love how you antiqued your sweet cups. We don’t do that as often as we used to in Card making, and you’ve reminded me of how great it looks. Great take in the inspiration!

Skrater said...

Soft, vintage and just beautiful. Love all the details on your card.

Ivana Camdzic said...

Marcia, this is pure shabby chic goodness!!

Patti said...

This card should be framed!! I love every perfect detail!! wow a show stopper for sure : )

Marybeth said...

Beautiful card and photos , Marcia! Love the colors and I will have to check out the photo tips.

Greta said...

Your cups are so beautiful, Marcia--as is your card! Love every element & can imagine this being featured in the newsletter!