Sunday, May 6, 2018

Color Throwdown #491

Hello friends.  The Color Throwdown challenges have had some of the most beautiful color combinations lately, and this week was no exception!!


I love that light colored couch with the colorful pillows, but with 2 dogs in our house that just wouldn't work!  It does work to make beautiful cards though!!  :0)


 I used SSS's Tap Dance stencil and Altenew's Beautiful Day to create my card for a friend of mine that I think could use some "happy mail".

 
I embossed my sentiment from PTI's Penned Elegance first, then stamped my flowers and leaves and then using the stencil with my kraft ink last.


I attached my panel to a kraft card base and then finished with a few iridescent sequins and some twine.

This challenge is open till tomorrow (5/7), so check out all the lovely, lovely cards from the DT and then play along.  Details can be found HERE.

                                  Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What marvellous colours together. Love how you've done the 'off' stamping with those pretty blooms. The stencil in the kraft colour looks fabulous and what a lovely idea to send your friend a card that needs some 'Happy Mail' x Beautiful card x

Linda said...

So beautiful Marcia. Love this technique. Your friend is going to love it. Hugs, and thanks for all of your prayers for the triplets. They are so precious.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the design with those pretty colors. i know your friend will love it.

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Marcia! Your friend will love it and knowing that you are thinking of her. I'd like a living room just like the picture! Isn't it pretty? I don't think a white couch would work here either.

Lisa Elton said...

I just bought this set with a gift certificate I won and can't wait to use it after seeing this gorgeous card!! Thanks of the inspiration Marcia!

Maria said...

Love your gorgeous card, so pretty! I have the flower stamp set from Altenew. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Loll said...

So pretty Marcia. Your friend is going to love receiving this happy mail! You've done an amazing job using the colours from the challenge. xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Marcia! Your card is gorgeous! Those blossoms are stunning!

Ros Crawford said...

Oh it's wonderful! Love the stencilling and the beautiful stamping over, so pretty!

Birgit said...

Such a pretty card Marcia! The polka dots are such a soft and pretty touch. Your flowers stamped like that are lovely!!