Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Inspired By All The Little Things #84

Hello friends.  The inspiration photo for the Inspired By All The Little Things challenge is definitely a yummy looking one this time!


Wouldn't you like to dig into that cake?!!  Yummmmm!!  I was inspired by the beautiful colors and went with a floral card because, well, because I like flowers!!


I started by die cutting PTI's new Bold Borders: Flare Die from white cardstock, and then used the center piece as a mask on another piece of white cardstock so I could blend the Aqua Mist ink everywhere but the rectangle center.  Once I laid the die cut piece over the blended piece, the center was still white so I could stamp my sentiment from PTI's New Every Morning stamp set.


Next I stamped and blended the flowers and leaves from PTI's Botanical Bounty set and then fussy cut them out.  I'm loving the chocolate leaves and the Aqua Mist ones with the edges in chocolate, because when you're stamping they don't have to be realistic, right?!!


I think these colors ended up being great for flowers (even though the ice cream and Macaron's look fabulous!!) and I'm really pleased with the way this card turned out!  It will be another great one to send my friend who is still courageously battling ALS!

This challenge is open till the end of the week, so make sure you check out their featured artist Cat Craig and all the rest of the talented DT to see how they interpreted the inspiration photo, and then play along!  You can check it all out right HERE.
 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

You rocked that colour combination Marcia! Superb creation!

Loll said...

Great way to use the colours from the inspiration photo, Marcia!! Your floral card is gorgeous. The brown compliments all the beautiful colours of the flowers. Great work! xx

Darnell said...

Wow, this is really striking and gorgeous, Marcia! Having your floral spray in unconventional colors makes them all the more sensational!! Thank you for joining us at Inspired By All the Little Things and for being a fabulous supporter! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Elton said...

Oh Marcia, this is beautiful!! You've captured the colors and the movement from the photo beautifully!

Bonnie said...

Marcia, your flowers are gorgeous and the frame too! Love the scripture. So uplifting!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Birgit said...

Oh my Marcia, this is stunning! I can see why you needed that background die and those flowers are gorgeous too, especially in these colors. You totally rocked this challenge!

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, what a lovely card. Your flowers are arranged beautifully.

LauraJane:) said...

Gorgeous texture and floral swag Marcia! WONDERFULLY encouraging sentiment:)) Thanks for joining the fun at Inspired By All The Little Things!