Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Inspired By All The Little Things #85

Hello friends.  The current Inspired By All The Little Things challenge has a beautiful floral inspiration photo:

I would love this chair and pot of flowers on my front porch, wouldn't you??  I was inspired by the woodgrain in the chair and background, and of course the peachy pinks and yellows in the flowers and came up with this:

 
This is one of those cards that started out in my mind quite differently, but after water coloring the image from Altenew's Best Mom stamp set, one of my leaves wasn't quite dry and of course I smudged it where I really didn't want a smudge...so rather than the image staying on the white background I had envisioned, I fussy cut it out to save it.  It was then that I discovered I really didn't want it on a white background anyway, and adhered it to a Berry Sorbet layer that I used a woodgrain embossing folder on...it definitely pops a bit more this way!


I finished by mounting to a white card base, and then added a sentiment strip embossed in white from PTI's Winter Woods and a piece of white baker's twine at the top.

There's still a few days left to play along with this challenge, so check out all the lovely cards from the DT and then play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


9 comments:

Birgit said...

This is so pretty with the berry sorbet background, especially with the embossed woodgrain. Beautiful water coloring too. I really love this Marcia!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty on the coloured/embossed background! Wonderful take on the inspiration photo!

Ros Crawford said...

It's lovely!! What a beautiful embossed BG for your soft;y coloured flowers... I never seem to get out my zigs... I guess I should use them more. Have a lovely day!

Mac Mable said...

Great save and love the berry colour card stock and the dry embossing against the delicate flowers and the colours of them x

Patti said...

Oh yes!! I would love that chair and flowers on my porch too and your card is the perfect take on that lovely picture!! You put the Zig in Ziggy friend : )

Loll said...

Isn't it great when happy accidents happen??!! LOVE this fussy cut and popped up on that luscious pink background. Beautiful card Marcia! xx

KimCreate said...

This card came out beautiful even if it’s not what you intended. Love it. Thanks for joining us at Inspired by all the little things.

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful inspired card Marcia! The woodgrain background is perfect! Thank you for playing!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a lovely take on the inspiration photo! Love your design!